Advice Request K7 Total Security (Powered By MAT)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Powered By MAT
Advanced Multi-layered Artificial intelligence Technology secures computing activity across multiple digital layers and utilises the power of AI to provide the highest protection required to keep you safe from any cyberattack.

They added AI to their products but deny If you want to upgrade your current total security to total security MAT version. Yesterday I had a email communication with them & they told me that my current license of Total security is not supported by the new MAT version, I have to purchase it separately If I want to use K7 Total security with MAT version. Also I've asked them products download page on their website if products download link or trial download link are new MAT supported or not but they replied with same words that If I want to purchase MAT version they will arrange that. So If antivirus company added new feature to their products then user will not able to use this benefit???

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
Do you have a link to the MAT version? I decided to look into your issue and the download files are indeed different. So I downloaded and installed the newer version and it activated with my Infinity license without issue. There is no difference in the UI from what I can tell and no difference in the behavior of the AV so it might just be a marketing term.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Do you have a link to the MAT version? I decided to look into your issue and the download files are indeed different. So I downloaded and installed the newer version and it activated with my Infinity license without issue. There is no difference in the UI from what I can tell and no difference in the behavior of the AV so it might just be a marketing term.
No I don't have any link to the MAT version. I asked them to give me this link but they replied If I want to purchase MAT version they will arrange & they also replied my existing product key of K7 total security is not supported by MAT version & they changed product UI.

Yes you're right, I've also downloaded new trial version & nothing changed it activated my current license also no UI change which they mentioned in replied mail.. so yes it might be a marketing term.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
I just called them, as per customer care, MAT products are different & have not been uploaded on their website. If I have MAT license key & apply it to current total security then it'll be updated to MAT & also UI will be changed. They said MAT Product link & purchase details will be provided to me by their sales team today & currently no trial version of it that can be downloaded. I'll share more info after their sales team call.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
I didn't receive any call form their sales team. I'll share update later...

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Yesterday I purchased a new license to get the new MAT version. However, I was given a download link for the old version. I then spent a lot of time on their online chat being transferred to different people, none of which could help me. I was told that the license I had was not for the MAT version, but someone else said it was. I was told that the version I'd installed was the new version, even though it wasn't. Then I was told I just needed to update it, after which I still didn't have the new version. This was an extremely frustrating experience, which continued for way too long. Eventually, they called me and the person I spoke to said they will call me again today. Time will tell if they do. But it shouldn't really require a phone call just to get the new version. At least the person who called me seemed like they wanted to help me.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
I used their live chat again and they said that I should get help in the next two days. There's some festival in India currently, which means some of their staff are away.
Here I was first reported this issue (Question) 2 days ago and still want to know who are facing the same experience. Yes festival is running in India and still didn't receive any call or mail from K7. Really extremely frustrating experience with K7.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
What's wrong with K7? They even not able to support... again just called their customer care today morning & their reply is same as previous

"You can purchase MAT version from our website" but previously they said their sales team will help me to purchase new MAT version as it's currently not available on website

They branded all of their products ( Antivirus premium also ) but today when I called they told me MAT is available only for Total security

Even when I asked few more questions regarding that, executive told me " go to our website and chat with us for more information"

Then I'm currently running on a train they told me background noice then I told them to arrange a call back ( as they told me 2 days ago our sales team will call you today but two days over ) but when I told them to arrange a call back, they told me call us later when you'll be free. After disconnect call they texted me that my case is resolved with ticket ID

What kind of support is it ? What is this???

Now I'm totally fed up & want to switch another security solution like Kaspersky antivirus or others ... Anyone please suggest...

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I did not get a reply either, when I asked them via Facebook.
I learned about MAT from their advertisement there.
Actually I doubt we will need a fresh key.
Either the product will be upgraded to v17 by a new installer, or it is integrated by updating v16.
There have been new functions (like AMSI protection) out of sudden after in-app-upgrade (I am using Total Security Infiniti).

814291BD-54D0-4982-9CCF-36B07788256F.png

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
I did not get a reply either, when I asked them via Facebook.
I learned about MAT from their advertisement there.
Actually I doubt we will need a fresh key.
Either the product will be upgraded to v17 by a new installer, or it is integrated by updating v16.
There have been new functions (like AMSI protection) out of sudden after in-app-upgrade (I am using Total Security Infiniti).

View attachment 269780
What about my existing K7 total security product key? Should I purchase new key for MAT version or they'll send me another fresh key which will replaced my existing key to activate MAT and what about upgrade? Could you please reply?

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Just got their reply mail. please see the attachment regarding MAT version of K7
Please also see their previous mail reply...
Different type of reply... Still confused...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022_1005_145955.jpg
    Screenshot_2022_1005_145955.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot_2022_1005_150626.jpg
    Screenshot_2022_1005_150626.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 306
  • Screenshot_2022_1005_150955.jpg
    Screenshot_2022_1005_150955.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot_2022_1005_151008.jpg
    Screenshot_2022_1005_151008.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.