Advice Request K7 Total Security (Powered By MAT)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Please see the attachment... Their another reply mail ( asked them about antivirus premium MAT version)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022_1005_190657.jpg
    Screenshot_2022_1005_190657.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 117

vonvon

Level 2
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Hi
That's the answer

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting K7 Technical Support.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you

We have forwarded your request to our concerned team.

We will get back to you once we have an update.

You may also use the chat facility available in the Help and Support section on our website www.k7computing.com to reach our Support.

Thank you for using K7 security software.

I don't know exactly what to think... My question was just asking to know how to upgrade to the MAT version .
Wait and see !

Last edited:

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Hi
That's the answer

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting K7 Technical Support.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you

We have forwarded your request to our concerned team.

We will get back to you once we have an update.

You may also use the chat facility available in the Help and Support section on our website www.k7computing.com to reach our Support.

Thank you for using K7 security software.

I don't know exactly what to think... My question was just asking to know how to upgrade to the MAT version .
Wait and see !
Hello, as per their reply mail to me ( which I have mentioned & attached earlier ) it is clear that they agree no new MAT version, it's a built in feature ( updated feature ). Please share when you'll get your answer .

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
As soon I have an answer or I know something, I will post.
I again called them today they again told me that MAT is available only on Total Security & a new product will be released ( TS with MAT ) & antivirus premium currently no new version with, it's built in with antivirus. I asked them to send me new released product link but they told me it's not released yet.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
I better understand the inconsistencies and contradictions of their answers.
Yes & they mailed me sometimes ago that we've forwarded your query to concerned team wait for answer. ( asked them about antivirus premium MAT )

Anyone I'm planning to use Kaspersky Antivirus or trial of K7 Antivirus Premium & will purchased later. I think it's enough for my basic working with Malwarebytes Free.

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I just talked to their support again on their online chat. There are new MAT versions of Total Security and Ultimate Security as you can see from the screenshot, but there won't be one released for Antivirus Premium. Existing users will get the new version in a month or so, with December 22nd being the latest date they should get it. If you buy a new license directly from K7, you will get the new version right away. But, that's is the only way to get it right now and not wait.

K7 MAT.png

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
I just talked to their support again on their online chat. There are new MAT versions of Total Security and Ultimate Security as you can see from the screenshot, but there won't be one released for Antivirus Premium. Existing users will get the new version in a month or so, with December 22nd being the latest date they should get it. If you buy a new license directly from K7, you will get the new version right away. But, that's is the only way to get it right now and not wait.

View attachment 269801
Okay do you have product link to download trial version of MAT ? Link of download product on their website are not updated yet. Antivirus premium won't support MAT?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Okay do you have product link to download trial version of MAT ? Link of download product on their website are not updated yet. Antivirus premium won't support MAT?
There's no separate download for the new version. If you buy a new license the old version will change to the MAT version when you register and update it. At least that's what they told me.

AV Premium does not support MAT.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
There's no separate download for the new version. If you buy a new license the old version will change to the MAT version when you register and update it. At least that's what they told me.

AV Premium does not support MAT.
What about my existing Total security key? Can I convert it to MAT key ? Can I get new version upgrade later as I'm an existing user ?

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
This is the MOST CONFUSING thread I have ever read here on MT --- and that is, on the part of K7. It seems that the Staff of K7 have not received the correct and latest info about this MAT version, it sounds like they have different views about it, so they answer differently.
Yes, today I had a chat with them & again different reply. Their sales team transferred chat to technical support ( asked sales team regarding purchase new Total security key which supports MAT ) then technical support told me that my existing key not supported MAT, I have to purchase new key & update it to MAT then when I ask them product download link they told me you can down download total security product setup file & after activate it'll be upgrade to MAT

then again start chat with sales team & asked them if any offer & told them I want to purchase Total security MAT key, then sales executive told me our technical team clearly told you MAT version is not available for online purchase then how come MAT version will be available now? then I told them your technical team suggest me purchase a new key to activate MAT after downloading existing total security product setup file. So customer wants to purchase & you're unable to provide?? Then sales executive told me that your contact details shared to concerned team & they call you later. I told that you've said the same earlier but didn't receive any call. they sales executive said it's not in 1 hr, you have to wait.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.