Advice Request K7 Total Security (Powered By MAT)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
According to what they told me, if you have a license for the MAT version and activate it, you will get the MAT version. There is no separate download for the new version. This doesn't make much sense, but it's what I've been told.
I'll wait if my existing Total Security key supports MAT version if it'll be done automatically (upgrade)

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
-

When K7 TS installed on system & K7 Webprotection add on installed in chrome / firefox browser, no malicious content alert showing for this site but when Bitdefender Traffic Light / Malwarebytes Browser Guard installed on browser both extension showing malicious content alert for this site.
What should I do??

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: vonvon and Sorrento

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
I had conversation with one of K7 Executive again, he called me & send me download link of MAT product but again after download I saw it's existing K7 Total Security, then I asked him to give me payment link / details of MAT product he replied me that if I put this key then existing K7 TS will be converted to MAT version & for that I need fresh exe setup file of K7 TS & he confirmed that K7 Antivirus Premium won't support MAT but didn't give payment details till now

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
Sheesh - I said I would wait until after Thanksgiving but was overcome by my curiosity. So I visited the K7 website and found that the Premium & Total Security versions both show MAT as being included -- the notice was quite a ways down their respecitive but was large & in full color.

Anyhow -- I wonder HOW would I even know if MAT were running on my K7 or not?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BTW, my favorite TV channel has been showing Christmas movies for going on 2 weeks, & they will keep doing so until New Years. Worse yet, I am enjoying many of the movies. Bah, humbug! 😖

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Anyhow -- I wonder HOW would I even know if MAT were running on my K7 or not?
If you have the MAT version, the UI will look like this.

K7 MAT.png

If you don't have the new MAT version, your old version should be updated to the new version in the next month or two.

I3rYcE

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
Kaspersky ??
The K7 Infiniti Offer only requires a one-time payment for which you get malware definition updates and new feature updates as and when they are released.

On the other hand, customer service never answers the question. They lied to me that this version is valid until 2029 but only until 2025. It is an unreliable company.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Just looked on their site, K7 products are pretty good value, I have a licence but pre MAT - Now 1 device/3 years GBP 21.40 (Total with a free car MAT) - Not really interested after Shadowra's earlier review & my lack of love at first sight when I used it :rolleyes::rolleyes: (However a member I trust 'roger-m' likes it so must have redeeming features)

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
(However a member I trust 'roger-m' likes it so must have redeeming features)
I haven't seen any tests of the new MAT version. But the old versions are decent. They are extremely light with very little system impact and while the detection rate could be better, it's not terrible. For someone who needs a cheap antivirus that is as light as possible it's not too bad.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
I haven't seen any tests of the new MAT version. But the old versions are decent. They are extremely light with very little system impact and while the detection rate could be better, it's not terrible. For someone who needs a cheap antivirus that is as light as possible it's not too bad.
K7 safe search browser add on was unable to detect a website contains trojan / malware but Bitdefender traffic light & Malwarebytes browser guard detects this site as malware / trojan and every time when Chrome / Firefox opens K7 browser add on pooped up ( using chrome / firefox? install k7 browser add on ) which is very disturbing & no option to disable / stop it. (K7 Total Security). K7 browser add on also have data collection policy... otherwise it's very good. I remember @Der.Reisende recommend me to use K7 & I was very satisfied with it before release MAT versions. Every time they repiled with different type of answer regarding MAT version. Let's see if my existing K7 Total Security will be updated to MAT version or not ( I don't think so ).

Attachments

• K7 data collection forced 02.png
    K7 data collection forced 02.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 122
  • K7 data collection forced.png
    K7 data collection forced.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 110

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
K7 safe search browser add on was unable to detect a website contains trojan / malware but Bitdefender traffic light & Malwarebytes browser guard detects this site as malware / trojan and every time when Chrome / Firefox opens K7 browser add on pooped up ( using chrome / firefox? install k7 browser add on ) which is very disturbing & no option to disable / stop it. (K7 Total Security). K7 browser add on also have data collection policy... otherwise it's very good. I remember @Der.Reisende recommend me to use K7 & I was very satisfied with it before release MAT versions. Every time they repiled with different type of answer regarding MAT version. Let's see if my existing K7 Total Security will be updated to MAT version or not ( I don't think so ).
How did you manage installing that extension?
Brave didn‘t activate it in the past (though K7 automatically added it) not being in the Chrome webstore and therefore not trusted, if my memory serves me right.
I need to investigate tonight, recently reinstalled my machine, I‘m not aware whether the extension is still there (Brave, Edge).

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
How did you manage installing that extension?
Brave didn‘t activate it in the past (though K7 automatically added it) not being in the Chrome webstore and therefore not trusted, if my memory serves me right.
I need to investigate tonight, recently reinstalled my machine, I‘m not aware whether the extension is still there (Brave, Edge).
Hello, I uninstalled it & start using K7 Antivirus Premium.

Reactions: vonvon

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.