Software Review K7 Ultimate Security 2025

Reviews reflect the reviewer's setup and methods. Check the evidence and limitations.
Thread details
Content created by
Shadowra
I am using Eset. What changes have you made in settings?
I use custom HIPS & Firewall Rules to block Scripts and PowerShell. Besides this, I have the HIPS set to smart, the Intrusion Protection set to ON for every option available there and the Real Time Protection to Aggressive Mode. All my personal folders including Documents are protected by the Folder Guard and ESET LiveGuard is set to block any unknown file from running till 60 minutes.
 
that's true K7 makes my PC faster than even Avast One. BUT I believe it also failed the tests here at MWT
Yeah K7 is pretty weak against scripts. That's why I have the BB set to High and since I personally do not use scripts, I have used SWH to disable Windows Script Host and to prevent elevation of unsigned executables. If you test K7 with these settings, you'll get enough protection.
 
I use K7. Unfortunately, there are serious problems. Call of Duty Black Ops 7 completely freezes because of it. If I turn off protection, there is no problem. It is also completely unusable on Mac:

- no web protection
- no optimization for modern chips
- drains the battery very quickly
- puritanical user interface
- fewer features compared to competitors
- browser extension does not work as expected
- should not be purchased for Mac
- does not receive daily definition file updates (they lied about this)
1770389860973.png

Sometimes it doesn't get updated for days. Furthermore, Lifetime subscriptions activated on the phone expire within 3 years.

I seriously considered asking for a refund.
 
I use K7. Unfortunately, there are serious problems. Call of Duty Black Ops 7 completely freezes because of it. If I turn off protection, there is no problem. It is also completely unusable on Mac:

- no web protection
- no optimization for modern chips
- drains the battery very quickly
- puritanical user interface
- fewer features compared to competitors
- browser extension does not work as expected
- should not be purchased for Mac
- does not receive daily definition file updates (they lied about this)
View attachment 295428
Sometimes it doesn't get updated for days. Furthermore, Lifetime subscriptions activated on the phone expire within 3 years.

I seriously considered asking for a refund.
TBH I’ve never used K7 for mac, android or iOS. I only have a 3 year license of Total Security which I have installed on my family PC. So can’t comment about gaming performance either. But once you disable scripts and enable the high settings, the protection is decent. The PC hadn’t any infections for the past one year.
 
I use K7. Unfortunately, there are serious problems. Call of Duty Black Ops 7 completely freezes because of it. If I turn off protection, there is no problem. It is also completely unusable on Mac:

- no web protection
- no optimization for modern chips
- drains the battery very quickly
- puritanical user interface
- fewer features compared to competitors
- browser extension does not work as expected
- should not be purchased for Mac
- does not receive daily definition file updates (they lied about this)
View attachment 295428
Sometimes it doesn't get updated for days. Furthermore, Lifetime subscriptions activated on the phone expire within 3 years.

I seriously considered asking for a refund.
Pretty sure K7 has both web protection AND daily definition updates. I was using it until fairly recently (2 months)
Browser extension is unnecessary as K7 Web Protection does its site blocking independent of any extension.
 
Pretty sure K7 has both web protection AND daily definition updates. I was using it until fairly recently (2 months)
Browser extension is unnecessary as K7 Web Protection does its site blocking independent of any extension.
Mac? Customer service confirmed that updates are not provided on a daily basis. Please show me where web protection is located in the Mac version.
 
Mac? Customer service confirmed that updates are not provided on a daily basis. Please show me where web protection is located in the Mac version.
I would be surprised if they are not able to provide definition updates daily on Mac since it is the same engine anyway?!
 
I didn't receive any updates for 3-4 days. They said that PCs are the main priority. There are few viruses on Macs, so they don't update every day, only when they discover something really new. They confirmed this as well. I requested a refund.
I would be surprised if they are not able to provide definition updates daily on Mac since it is the same engine anyway?!
 
After the eScan hack, surely they'll be reviewed internally and externally.
Talk about a 'monkey's paw' wish! I ask for more exposure for eScan and the universe delivers a regional server hack. 🤦‍♂️

Jokes aside, there’s a big difference between a server-side breach and a vulnerability in the endpoint protection itself. It’s like judging a car's engine because the dealership’s parking lot got flooded. It's a rough look, but the 'class of its own' engine is still what I'm looking at!
 
I didn't receive any updates for 3-4 days. They said that PCs are the main priority. There are few viruses on Macs, so they don't update every day, only when they discover something really new. They confirmed this as well. I requested a refund.
Don’t opt for any 3rd party security on mac. Apple’s in built security is far superior than any 3rd party AV on mac
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top