User Access Control
    Network Security (Firewall)
    3rd-party Firewall app by a trusted vendor
    Device Security
  • No device security
  • Sign-in Accounts
    None
    Malware Testing
    I participate by downloading malware samples into an isolated VM environment
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Emsisoft Internet Security
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • No security settings changes
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Malwarebytes anti-malware
    Browsers and Extensions
    Chrome, Firefox
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    ublock origin
    Password Managers
  • Lastpass
  • System Utilities
    CCleaner pro
    Frequency of Data backups
    Frequency of System backups
    Occasionally

Kalimirro

Level 2
    Hello MT world,

I am not so paranoid about the security of my digital life, All in one, we have just to keep one eye about what we do on the Internet, trust & Ignorance are the most dangerous backdoors.

The golden rule : there is nothing in the Internet, that you can put your trust in...don't be a victim, use your brain, Learn, Act, Share... this is the power of our forum : malwaretips.com.

Best regards.

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 37
    Verified
    Trusted
    Even if you're '..not so paranoid', sandboxing your browser with Sanboxie free www.sandboxie.com can be a sensible option.:)
    Also, theirs is a motto similar to that of your configuration, "Trust No Program"!:D Thanks for sharing too!;)

Edit:
    I will give it a try , thank you for your precious advice :p
    You're welcome @Kalimirro . I wanted to mention one fact about browsing while contained in a sandbox. It's protection likewise renders all changes made (added extensions & browser updates) temporary, lasting only until the sandbox and all it's contents are deleted. Therefore changes you wish to keep must be made without sand-boxing. It's also a preferred way to test drive add-on extensions before deciding whether to commit to keeping those you like!:D

Last edited:

donetao

I suggest you to keep another back-up and recovery solution other than the Windows' in-built one as it can be easily deleted/broken by malware these days.
    Hi! I agree 100%. Can you recommend a 3rd party back up image program. I see that you did not mention one, so I won't.
    Window's in-built leaves a whole lot to be desired IMHO. It sure can't contend with a 3rd party program.
    It's very simple to use, but it's very simple and that's not good enough for me:rolleyes:

Aura

Level 20
    Verified
    Hi! I agree 100%. Can you recommend a 3rd party back up image program. I see that you did not mention one, so I won't.
    Window's in-built leaves a whole lot to be desired IMHO. It sure can't contend with a 3rd party program.
    It's very simple to use, but it's very simple and that's not good enough for me:rolleyes:
    Paragon Backup and Recovery 2014 Free Edition seems to be one of the favorite software here on Malwaretips for that :

http://www.paragon-software.com/fr/home/br-free/download.html

Reactions: donetao

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 37
    Verified
    Trusted
    I like your configuration. "Trust No One" never gets old. Do you ever think about "Carrying a Big Stick"?:D

For added privacy, Chrome has a built in third-party cookie blocker.
    Here's how to set it:
    1. Click the Chrome menu
      on the browser toolbar.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Click Show advanced settings.
    4. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button. Select "Block third-party cookies and site data"
      • After this you'll see
        in the address bar whenever a cookie has been blocked.
      • You may also mark the circle "Keep site data only until browser is closed".

Kalimirro

Level 2
    I like your configuration. "Trust No One" never gets old. Do you ever think about "Carrying a Big Stick"?:D

For added privacy, Chrome has a built in third-party cookie blocker.
    Here's how to set it:
    1. Click the Chrome menu
      on the browser toolbar.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Click Show advanced settings.
    4. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button. Select "Block third-party cookies and site data"
      • After this you'll see
        in the address bar whenever a cookie has been blocked.
      • You may also mark the circle "Keep site data only until browser is closed".
    Done ! Thank you a lot.

2016-03-05_094807.jpg