Kaspersky 2016 Suggestion/Info

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Is Kaspersky AV good without "Application Control"?

"Application Control" is one of the protection/proactive features, right?

So why KAV doesn't have "Application Control"?

Reactions: Logethica

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, KAV does not have AC (HIPS)...

Like others av firms, They have different products: KAV (only antivirus), KIS (complete suite) and KTS (complete suite + added tools) :)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Yes, KAV does not have AC (HIPS)...

Like others av firms, They have different products: KAV (only antivirus), KIS (complete suite) and KTS (complete suite + added tools) :)
But isn't AC kinda Proactive protection? How can they not include a Proactive feature in Paid AV?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I don't know why it's not available in Kaspersky Anti-Virus except their Application Control (dubbed HIPS) is only available in their more advanced security products.

Kaspersky Internet Security is an application designed to ensure comprehensive protection of your computer. Compared to Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Kaspersky Internet Security provides a range of additional advanced options as part of the following components and features:
  • Application Control
  • Trusted Applications mode
  • Parental Control
  • Firewall
  • Network Attack Blocker
  • Safe Money
  • Blocking access to dangerous websites
  • Network Monitor
  • Anti-Spam
  • Anti-Banner
Doc/PDF: http://media.kaspersky.com/usa/documentation/kav2016_userguide_en.pdf

In Google, you can search Kaspersky Forums using, site:forum.kaspersky.com "application control" To see if you can find any related information.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
KAV has good enough signature/KSN (Cloud) protection, the only weakness (which is also in KIS & KTS) is protection against PUP/PUA/Adware, even enabling setting: Detect Other software that... but You can run MBAM Free/ZAM/AdwCleaner along side with KAV as a companion/complement tools.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
@yesnoo: Well nothing wrong to have it since basically acts as siteadvisor thing from your searches. ;)
What siteadvisor?

Even if I remove the toolbar, I get safety ratings on search.

Does removing toolbar affects any safe money functions?

I am trying KTS. Its running light here on Win 10 64 Pro Laptop with 6 GB RAM. Boot time, system/program response, browsing, etc everything is good. Its running better than my previous suite Eset Smart Security. I am impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I think safety rates on searches (K flags in links when searching in Google) it is now working in traffic level, even if You disable "Kaspersky Protection" add-on in browsers...
Yes safety rating works with addon removed too.

So whats the use of addon? Why it is installed?
How to enable Kaspersky Protection plug-ins to use Safe Money in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
The link mention you may encounter error with plugin not installed. I dont understand its purpose with safe money. Why is it needed with safe money, what it does with safe money?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Taken form the new online help in the upcoming KIS/KTS/KAV2017:
About protection of financial transactions and online purchases

To enable interaction with pages of protected websites, Kaspersky Total Security embeds a specially configured script into pages of websites. The application can embed the script either on its own or with the help of the Kaspersky Protection extension. The extension is also required for full support of Protected Browser. If the extension is not installed, the browser prompts you to install it at the first startup in Protected Browser mode. If you choose not to install the Kaspersky Protection extension, you can install it later.

Getting started

In order for Kaspersky Total Security to fully support browsers, the Kaspersky Protection extension has to be installed and enabled in browsers. Kaspersky Total Security uses the Kaspersky Protection extension to embed a script into the web page opened in Protected Browser and into traffic. The application uses this script to interact with the web page and to transmit data to banks whose websites are protected by the Safe Money component. The application protects data transmitted by the script using a digital signature. Kaspersky Total Security can embed the script without using the Kaspersky Protection extension.

Anyway you can visit it here: Kaspersky Total Security, and in Search form (on the left) type: Kaspersky Protection extension

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Taken form the new online help in the upcoming KIS/KTS/KAV2017:

Anyway you can visit it here: Kaspersky Total Security, and in Search form (on the left) type: Kaspersky Protection extension
It mention uses KPE to embed a script into the webpage And also mention can embed script without KPE so why extension?

I dont know but guess extension is not required to embed script as can be done without extension And guess extension is installed for private browsing i.e blocking tracking, analytics, etc...?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Harlan,

I am trying KIS 2016.

On protected browser I get popup Kaspersky is not providing complete protection of your data - protection against screenshots is disabled.
I checked settings & protection against screenshots option is enabled.
I checked TaskManager - Performance -
Virtualization - Disabled
Hyper-V Support - Yes

So I guess I can enable Virtualization & prob solved.

But I want to know 1 thing.
I use Rollback Rx Pro. Would enabling Virtualization affect Rollback Rx Pro functioning?

Win 10 Pro 64 Bits

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Harlan,

I am trying KIS 2016.

On protected browser I get popup Kaspersky is not providing complete protection of your data - protection against screenshots is disabled.
I checked settings & protection against screenshots option is enabled.
I checked TaskManager - Performance -
Virtualization - Disabled
Hyper-V Support - Yes

So I guess I can enable Virtualization & prob solved.

But I want to know 1 thing.
I use Rollback Rx Pro. Would enabling Virtualization affect Rollback Rx Pro functioning?

Win 10 Pro 64 Bits
I also have RollBack Rx Pro. I was using KIS. Nothing's broken with my laptop. Snapshots and rollbacks were flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.