Kaspersky 2016 Suggestion/Info

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
You mentioned you were running KIS, not running now? Any probs/reasons?

Reactions: Logethica
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Harlan,

I am trying KIS 2016.

On protected browser I get popup Kaspersky is not providing complete protection of your data - protection against screenshots is disabled.
I checked settings & protection against screenshots option is enabled.
I checked TaskManager - Performance -
Virtualization - Disabled
Hyper-V Support - Yes

So I guess I can enable Virtualization & prob solved.

But I want to know 1 thing.
I use Rollback Rx Pro. Would enabling Virtualization affect Rollback Rx Pro functioning?

Win 10 Pro 64 Bits

If I recall correctly, it is because your system is 64-bit.

Kaspersky has yet to release any versions that completely support 64-bit systems.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author

Kaspersky has yet to release any versions that completely support 64-bit systems.
I will see if enabling Virtualization the popup goes away.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I will see if enabling Virtualization the popup goes away.

It has nothing to do with virtualization or Hyper-V. If you look in the KIS User's Manual, I remember something about no anti-screenshot protection on 64-bit systems.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
It has nothing to do with virtualization or Hyper-V. If you look in the KIS User's Manual, I remember something about no anti-screenshot protection on 64-bit systems.
Virtualization Disabled - Protected Browser had orange border & gave popup not providing complete protection. I clicked details on the popup & it took me to a webpage that mentioned few reasons for the prob. All the reasons mentioned were fine here except Virtualization was disabled.

Virtualization Enabled - Protected browser has green border & popup mention protected browser enabled.

So Virtualization disabled was the reason. Enabling Virtualization solved the prob.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014

Safe Money works on 64-bit now.

This is actually my complaint against Kaspersky: not updating its knowledgebase articles. Many are out-of-date.

For those who encountered Kaspersky's ZETA Shield, it's gone now in the product. It's now in the Kaspersky servers according to Support. Did they announce it publicly? No. :D What will you find in their official whitepapers? It's present in the Home and Corporate products. :D

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I think for now Kaspersky will not release pure x64 installers... their installers come with proper support for x64 systems and in general GUI is the only which is not x64, but dlls, executables and other system drivers are, as You can see in KTS2017 b577, but the same in 2016:
CAIYQzp.png

6VuWANA.png

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Harlan,

KIS 2016 - Default Settings - I have enabled PUP in Additional Threats section.

When PUP (Legal software that may be risky, etc...) is detected, KIS doesn't quarantine like it does for malware but gives popup take action on detected threats?

And Harlan, In Malware Hub, I like you are testing Special/Ransomware, etc... samples against Kaspersky Proactive i.e System Watcher only too i.e File protection & Application Control disabled.
This let us know if proactive would protect or not, were the malware not detected by signs, especially dangerous malware like ransomware, etc...

Appreciate the hard work & time.

Thank You

Regards

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
When PUP (Legal software that may be risky, etc...) is detected, KIS doesn't quarantine like it does for malware but gives popup take action on detected threats?
Yes, because sometimes can be "legal software" it is why even in Automatic/Default Settings Kaspersky always will ask before delete this kind of threats...

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Harlan,

Do you add Ransomware protection i.e add Personal folders in resources or something I guess?

I guess programs trying to touch those folder will generate alert or block by Kaspersky, right?
And if users manually touch those folders then no prob i.e no alert or block, right?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, I use a modified/variant settings from the original known Kaspersky Support article

I have added to that special protection rights the 3 or 4 folders where I have my documents and downloads, and set special restriction rights for those folders.

I guess programs trying to touch those folder will generate alert or block by Kaspersky, right?
And if users manually touch those folders then no prob i.e no alert or block, right?

Yes, if You are in Interactive Mode.

It depends not on the user but the original rights You set for the different groups of application confidence: Trusted, Low Rest., High Rest. etc.

In my signature of this post You have a link Guía Configuración Seguridad Kaspersky 2016, it's a pdf guide with many tweaks (maybe a bit paranoid many of them :D), sorry only in Spanish for now (I will try also in English the next one for the 2017 version). In this guide there is a chapter in page 22: > Protección extra contra malware Ramsonware/CriptoVirus, where You can see (check screen-shots) my proposed variant :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
It depends not on the user but the original rights You set for the different groups of application confidence: Trusted, Low Rest., High Rest. etc.
So user freely can open/copy/edit/save files in those folders?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, but You can even set restrictions for different operations over the protected files/folder, even for trusted applications... as I said most depends on the rights/limitations You set for the different confidence groups/operations over those files/folders...

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Yes, but You can even set restrictions for different operations over the protected files/folder, even for trusted applications... as I said most depends on the rights/limitations You set for the different confidence groups/operations over those files/folders...
I want user can freely i.e manually copy/edit, etc... with no probs.

Restriction for programs, that I will see/check on adding the folders.

So just want to be sure manual copy/edit, etc... by user is allowed & not blocked, right?
(Manual, I mean no programs used for the purpose)

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
This is an example I've just created to show You. I've added a Category called "Protected Folders" inside "Personal Data". Then I've added inside system folder "Downloads". As You can see on the right, You can assign/restrict the permitted operations over the folder and its files (Read, Write, Create, Delete) depending on the confidence groups. Since You will use "Windows Explorer" to copy/move/paste, You will be allowed because it should be, of course, in Trusted ;)

FKIdoEd.png

Update: But We can change that default rights, to stronger protection, for example against "Digital Signature MalWare" and prompt (even for Trusted applications) Delete or Write operations, although I know this is a bit paranoid setting :D and user will have to manage with Kaspersky warning prompts :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.