Kaspersky 2016 Suggestion/Info

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I have HTTPS/SSL disabled so do I need to enable Virtualization on my system?
Coz Virtualization enable was needed for Safe Money Browser to fully function. Now I dont use HTTPS/SSL so Safe Money is disabled too, do I need Virtualization enable for any other protection?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I have HTTPS/SSL disabled so do I need to enable Virtualization on my system?
Coz Virtualization enable was needed for Safe Money Browser to fully function. Now I dont use HTTPS/SSL so Safe Money is disabled too, do I need Virtualization enable for any other protection?
Maybe, just maybe, it is also used for heuristics for enhanced protection. I'm not sure of this, though.

But, nevertheless, why would you want your virtualization option turned off? I guess that whether it is needed or not, you can just let it be.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Virtualization in BIOS should be enabled for "Safe Money" (to get green frame -> full protection), but keeping "Scan Encrypted connections upon request" is ok, it will use HTTPS scanning only in some mandatory operations -> Safe Money, Parental Control, URL Advisor, Private Browsing and Anti-Banner.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Virtualization in BIOS should be enabled for "Safe Money" (to get green frame -> full protection), but keeping "Scan Encrypted connections upon request" is ok, it will use HTTPS scanning only in some mandatory operations -> Safe Money, Parental Control, URL Advisor, Private Browsing and Anti-Banner.
I have disabled HTTPS/SSL i.e Settings - Additional - Network - Checked "Do not scan for encrypted connections".
So do I need Virtualization enabled for any other protections?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
In normal browser, in username & password field, you get "Kaspersky secure keyboard enabled", does this means my typed username & password are encrypted Or I have to use Kaspersky secure keyboard to encrypt username & password?
it encrypts your keystrokes in browser even if you don't use the virtual keyboard.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
You mean in normal browser (not protected or safe money browser) keystrokes are encrypted without the use of virtual keyboard too, right?
right.
the virtual keyboard has the added advantage that it is protected even from physical keyloggers.
the safe browser has the added advantage of sandboxing, it isolates the safe browser from any malware lurking on your system. It also tries extra hard to make sure the connection is certified and secure.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
right.
the virtual keyboard has the added advantage that it is protected even from physical keyloggers.
the safe browser has the added advantage of sandboxing, it isolates the safe browser from any malware lurking on your system. It also tries extra hard to make sure the connection is certified and secure.
Is Kaspersky Browser Extension needed for the keystroke encryption in the normal i.e not protected browser?

And I have installed KIS 2016 & would not want it to auto-upgrade to KIS 2017 so have disabled auto-program upgrade option in the settings.
Do patches & application modules updates delivered through databases updates or program upgrade option needed enabled?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I don't think/guess They will migrate 2016MR1e users to 2017MR0, probably They'll do when K2017MR1 is out and mature, as They have being doing this year with users with 2015 & 2016MR0 asking to install K2016MR1...

About "Kaspersky Protection" extension and keystroke encryption in supported browsers, I think are not connected, anyway try to disable and check...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I updated KIS 2016 But its still showing in "About" & "Support" as version 16.0.1.445(c)?

No Patch e? Checking updates mention up-to-date And I have restarted system twice.

And I think keystroke encryption is not working here (Win 10 64 AU Build) i.e I am not getting Kaspersky Secure Input enabled popup in the username, password fields in the browsers. All the options are enabled in Secure Data Input settings And Extension is enabled in the settings & browsers.

Last edited by a moderator:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I updated KIS 2016 But its still showing in "About" & "Support" as version 16.0.1.445(c)?
Did You reboot Your system after install?.

And I think keystroke encryption is not working here (Win 10 64 AU Build) i.e I am not getting Kaspersky Secure Input enabled popup in the username, password fields in the browsers. All the options are enabled in Secure Data Input settings And Extension is enabled in the settings & browsers.
Which browsers are We talking about? as I said Kaspersky Secure Input only work with supported/standard browsers (not forks): IE, FireFox and Chrome. I guess Edge still not supported...

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
right.
So if I dont use virtual keyboard, keystroke are still encrypted in browser but this doesn't protect from keylogger present in the system, right?
Use of virtual keyboard can protect from keylogger present in the system, right?

Reactions: shukla44 and XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.