Advice Request Kaspersky 2017 - Trusted Application Mode

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
HI,

I have trusted application mode enabled which i think is good however i am getting a few programs blocked still. I would rather be able to manage blocked applications with a prompt. I have low and high restricted set to prompt and untrusted set to deny. If I change the untrusted to prompt, would there be any other setting i would need to check so that any other setting is not over-riding ?

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
I guess You arealready Interactive Mode... do You have KSN rules active? and Trust in digitally signed applications enabled or disabled?
KSN rules (peform recommended action) is unchecked but digitally signed applications are checked

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I have just the opposite: KSN white listing rules enabled, and Trust in digitally signed applications disabled :D there are many malware that get legal digitally signing :rolleyes::eek:o_O

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
KSN rules (peform recommended action) is unchecked
It sounds like you might be confusing two different settings.

1 In the General tab, it is recommended to enable "Perform recommended actions automatically"

2 In Application Control Settings, it is recommended to enable "Load rules... Kaspersky Security Network"

Please enable both of these settings, and see if that helps.

Then, if you find any of your trusted programs that are in the "low restricted" category, just move them right back up to "Trusted," if necessary. (However, many apps will run just fine in the "low restricted" category, so you only have to do this if you run into a problem with something being blocked.)

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
It sounds like you might be confusing two different settings.

1 In the General tab, it is recommended to enable "Perform recommended actions automatically"

2 In Application Control Settings, it is recommended to enable "Load rules... Kaspersky Security Network"

Please enable both of these settings, and see if that helps.

Then, if you find any of your trusted programs that are in the "low restricted" category, just move them right back up to "Trusted," if necessary. (However, many apps will run just fine in the "low restricted" category, so you only have to do this if you run into a problem with something being blocked.)

Thanks, i have changed to the above.

Reactions: shmu26
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.