Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Hi, I hope to ask some questions::)

1. It seems that the current version of Kaspersky 2016 is "MR0", right? Then, what is the meaning of "MR"?

2. I heard that when a new major version of Kaspersky is released, the user has to uninstall the old major version, download the new version, and install it all by hand. I hope to know that, whether the updates like "MR1" would be pushed to the user and installed automatically, or not?

Reactions: Enju and harlan4096

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
1.- MR -> Maintenance Release 0 -> MR0 2016 was the 1st official released in summer :)

2.- Yes, until now... They promised last year a new upgrading system to solve that, but still waiting :eek::mad:

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Yes, until now... They promised last year a new upgrading system to solve that, but still waiting

So, when the stable version of MR1 is released, users of Kaspersky would still need to uninstall MR0 manually?:confused:

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
This time I won't even ask for a changelog. :D
So, when the stable version of MR1 is released, users of Kaspersky would still need to uninstall MR0 manually?:confused:
Kaspersky promised that this version should automatically upgrade to MR1 and further, nobody knows if it is working since there haven't been any upgrades except patches for this version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.