Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Business v2 Download (Beta Finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamla5abi

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 15, 2017
Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool
Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Business (KART)

Looks like v2 of this tool has been officially released and the beta is finished. I have the beta version installed still (1.1.31.0) but it has not auto updated to v2 (from searching it seems it WONT auto update either, you must remove previous version then install new version manually).
Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Business. Version 2.0 to show its out of beta now.
According to comms.ru it is version 2.0.0.176 (Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Business - Скачать бесплатно. Защита от шифровальщиков) But i cant read the russian comments from people, Google translate doesnt seem to work on disqus plugin? (unless i copy/paste each comment 1 by 1 :p ...)

Previously you could sign up with fake info and get access to the installer, but not anymore. They send you email now which includes the download link. Link I got from kaspersky: http://ml.kaspersky.com/f00dm2m0e80aIJ3vIHNi30B But I haven't installed it yet.

Anyone update to the new version yet? Anyone have any problems? (theres 2 problem threads already in kaspersky forums i linked earlier) Anyone have any experiences with the updated tool?

I know previous beta versions were tested by some people, maybe they can test this new version too? See if it is still similar level of protection or if it got better somehow? @cruelsister @Evjl's Rain are 2 that i remember who tested it before, if others want to feel free :)

kamla5abi

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 15, 2017
you can get direct link from Скачать Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Business without needing to provide email to kaspersky
click on "скачать как" and select 1st link for file from kaspersky or 2nd for comss.ru hosted

@Evjl's Rain has already tested it here Video Review - Kasperksy Anti-ransomware 2.0 vs. NonPetya (Offline & Online tests)
thank you for that testing link, my search didn't find it :(
looks like installing the new version is the way to go! :)

//edit
thank you for the info about comms.ru link
i just used a temp email to get the link, so the link i shared in the OP is available for all to use to download the product if they want to as well :) (If they want to give K their email info, thats their choice though lol)

kamla5abi

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 15, 2017
I just manually updated the tool to v2 (v 2.0.0.176 to be exact) and it was painless process for me
I did uncheck "protect this process" in settings of old version tool before i went to settings > system > Apps & Features to uninstall the older version (Win 10 Home)
interestingly enough, there is no "protect this process" option in settings for the new version o_O maybe it is now auto protected and doesn't give option to protect it or not anymore ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.