New Update Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Home

Synthya

Mar 16, 2024
Where did You download it?

For Home or for Business?
Both, actually, but I installed the “Home” version. Not sure if there's any difference — the downloaded file sizes are the same.

As to where I downloaded them from, I can place the link here: Free Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool | Kaspersky

Synthya

Mar 16, 2024
& yet another e-mail earlier today from

Kaspersky Team

giving me a code to register my Anti-Ransomware for Home product, but it, too, proved “invalid” with the red error message.

This product is beginning to look like more trouble than it's worth…

Synthya

Mar 16, 2024
An update, to be fair & honest to the KART for Home product, I think that the problem registering it was in copy&pasting the activation code.

For some reason, in the process, it left a space added to the end of the code, which was unseen, despite my not having included any spaces, & I copied&pasted the code exactly.

But after a close inspection, I noticed there was an added space, & just as an experiment, I removed that extra unseen space, & that code then worked.

So, Q'plaH! Success! The KART for Home product now has that pretty green shield, & seems fully functional.:emoji_beer:

Please feel welcome to pass this along, for any others who might have encountered a similar difficulty to mine.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.