Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
This version includes even a new UI as dark theme, I just taken a few screenshots for interested users:

k#1.pngk#2.pngk#3.png

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I tried out the new version and noticed a few things (others can verify)-

1). When installed on a Win 11 system, a popup stating that "In this Windows version the application functionality can be limited", whereas it installed fine on Win 10.
2). unlike the previous KAR builds which detected/blocked/deleted various malware types (not restricted to ransomware) on either file run or manual scan, the new version, while also detecting and blocking various types of malware will NOT delete anything detected (must get the Premium version to do this).
3). Please note that both the Home and Biz versions are signed by 3 separate Certificates: AO Kaspersky Labs, Kaspersky Labs JVC, and Kaspersky Lab. Although the first 2 are valid and countersigned, the latter although countersigned has a Root Certificate which is not trusted by the Trust Provider.

So although the GUI of this new version is indeed nice, in my opinion the above issues limit its usefulness.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
That could be due to memory integrity being enabled on Win11 🤔
Kaspersky uses its own hypervisor to hook the kernel.
So yes, pretty sure Memory Integrity is the main reason of this warning. Memory Integrity/Enabling Hyper-V reduces gaming performance on my PC, so it's possible that Kaspersky's usage of hypervisor for kernel hooking may also have some impacts :unsure: (Never tested, so just wondering).

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I installed KART v6.1.0.90. on win10 21H2 last night. Companion for ESET. Seems to be running quietly in background, with its service + gui using about 150 mb RAM & very little cpu 0-1%. I don't know about other versions but this one first runs a scan initially after installation, and I get the impression that it is scanning for malware too. But wow the scan took over 2 hours on ssd with nothing else running, and its default is to run a scan once a week, and free-user (non-premium user) cannot turn that scan off!. This slow scan found zero (0) malware. From what I see, the Premium version of KART is the full Kaspersky AV Premium. Does this sound correct, or am I misreading / or misunderstanding something?? Also no official support only community support. I had uninstalled AppCheck to try KART

EDIT: once a auto-scan starts user can cancel the scan, but free-user cannot turn off the scheduled scan in advance or set the schedule.

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
KART free version (6.1.0.90.0.11874658.0) includes another feature: "Notifications on the safety of downloaded files" that does work for file type .exe when downloading into Windows default downloads folder.

DL#1.pngDL#2.png

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Does KART has System Watcher full capability ?
I can tell you for sure from my own testing experience against various malware samples, KART has more like a limited version of System Watcher, so people should rather use instead Kaspersky Free or even better Kaspersky paid versions.

Pretty sure
Nope, you shouldn't "claim" what you don't know for sure, just guess doesn't help ;)

Synthya

Mar 16, 2024
I downloaded the Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Home yesterday & installed it today, & have spent way too many hours, trying to use the Activate function & go through the Registration process, & then…

Repeatedly, it fails to send the necessary code to my e-mail, & then, searching through all the forums & support options, trying to find a solution, to no avail — there seems to be no product support option for this.

As it is free, is product support too much to ask?

Is this tool, as it is currently installed, but un-activated & unregistered, still functional?

Better yet, is there a fix for this problem, or am I unable to do so, as a free standalone tool?

If there is no fix for this, as it is currently installed & used, is it worth keeping, or should I use something else, like the MalWareBytes Anti-Ransomware Beta product (which doesn't seem to have the same issues)?

By coincidence, just now, & many hours — instead of the “usually arrives within 5 minutes” — later after the fact, I did receive a code via my e-mail, but when I copied & pasted it into the entry box, I got the red error message that it was invalid.

Any ideas or suggestions as to how to remedy these difficulties?

So far, I'm not impressed!

Attachments

• Screenshot_1126.jpg
    Screenshot_1126.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_1127.jpg
    Screenshot_1127.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: DDE_Server

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Where did You download it?

For Home or for Business?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.