Advice Request Kaspersky blocks "http://wpad.domain.name/wpad.dat"

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Today on one of my PCs Kaspersky Security Cloud starts blocking "http://wpad.domain.name/wpad.dat" ; the result is that I got many, many alarms:(
I'm wondering if it is a real threat or a FP ? :unsure:

1.PNG

On VirusTotal, Kaspersky is the only "great" security software detecting this file...

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Thanks for your help.
The Kaspersky tutorial is 4 months old: What to do if Kaspersky detects wpad | Kaspersky Community ; and my problem started only yesterday without any change on this PC ??? Now I got an alarm every 10 minutes !:(
The tutorial is very interesting but too complex for my basic knowledge.:rolleyes:
Alas this problem is on my work PC and it is very problematic for me.:(
I think that the only solution for me is to uninstall KSC on this PC:(

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Thanks for your help.
The Kaspersky tutorial is 4 months old: What to do if Kaspersky detects wpad | Kaspersky Community ; and my problem started only yesterday without any change on this PC ??? Now I got an alarm every 10 minutes !:(
The tutorial is very interesting but too complex for my basic knowledge.:rolleyes:
Alas this problem is on my work PC and it is very problematic for me.:(
I think that the only solution for is to uninstall KSC on this PC:(
I agree that the guide here isn't helpful. Maybe Kaspersky shouldn't detect things like this if the product don't have an automated way to fix this. Looks like this is kind of a vulnerability on the OS or router (I'm confused). Kaspersky should give an option to ignore it like it does for things like its extension not installed, VPN not installed, update not installed etc instead of detecting it like a malware without giving any clue to the user.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.