Advice Request Kaspersky Browser extension not Working in Chrome?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
In the latest version of Chrome 72, I installed the Kaspersky Browser Extension, and it does not seem to work. See images below.

It only works within the latest version of Firefox where you can right click it, and it will show options and statistics, as well as turn green with a check mark inside.

I sent this info plus the attached screenshots to Kaspersky Tech Support, and all they keep asking me for are screenshots of the error message.

Am I imagining the problem? They cannot figure out the issue just by the screenshots. The problem has also been posted on the Kaspersky Forum in the past:

I tried the suggestions. They did not work. Is Kaspersky Tech Support declining?

Any suggestions? Appreciated.
Although it's grey it's working,no worries i tested it.

L

Local Host

Can you provide a link? Thanks.
Kaspersky Protection hasn't worked properly since this, Google to Block Third-Party Software from Injecting Code into Chrome Browser

Discussion on their Forum with Google Developer response, https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.p...hrome-wants-kaspersky-removed-from-pc-merged/

Currently you can enable it, but it's still greyed out like OP mentioned for most people.

The warning @LoLs got is unrelated to Kaspersky Protection as well, comes from the Web Protection Module.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I just reinstalled the chrome, did not get the extension install of kaspersky with it..but i suppose we dont get any extra from having it on browser while having the web protection module enabled anyways

Reactions: Burrito

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I just reinstalled the chrome, did not get the extension install of kaspersky with it..but i suppose we dont get any extra from having it on browser while having the web protection module enabled anyways

I want to thank everyone here who tried to help me with this obvious issue.

Fyi, just heard back from Kaspersky Support, and despite my description and obvious screenshots of the issue, they now want me to email back a GetSystem Info6 report or allow them to do it remotely .

They have made my issue more convoluted than it needs to be, and it is now obvious that these seem to be scripted responses, the old "turn the pc off, and restart it" solution for everything.

If this is what they do for a browser extension problem, one can imagine what they would do or not do for a larger or more significant security issue within their program itself.

Therefore, imo there support appears to be non-existant or inexperienced, and I received more from all of you.

Consequently , I have decided to remove Kis2019, and pursue another security suite. A program is only as good as the tech support behind it. Again, this is imo.

Reactions: Burrito

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Well my extension worked well until i turned VPN on, wich caused the talking between browser + kaspersky to disconnect

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I closed my Kaspersky Tech Support request. It is not worth the effort for this type of obvious issue.

Like someone mentioned elsewhere on the forum that all vendors nowadays seem to have quality tech support issues, Eset seems to be good in that regard. Maybe I will try their security suite.

Time to do research.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Kaspersky Protection hasn't worked properly since this, Google to Block Third-Party Software from Injecting Code into Chrome Browser

Discussion on their Forum with Google Developer response, https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.p...hrome-wants-kaspersky-removed-from-pc-merged/

Currently you can enable it, but it's still greyed out like OP mentioned for most people.

The warning @LoLs got is unrelated to Kaspersky Protection as well, comes from the Web Protection Module.

Thanks greatly for the clarification, so based on what you refer it has to do with Google Chrome preventing 3rd Parties from injecting code into the browser like Kasperksy does for their web protection. Consequently, to bypass other protection might or will be disabled.

This is really ridiculous just to enable a browser extension. What is interesting is that it is an acknowledged issue but my Kaspersky Techs were not even aware of it. So if they are not even aware of how their software relates to browsers and other pc programs but you do, what does that say about Kaspersky?

I would rather pursue another solution at this point

beavisviruses

Level 3
Verified
Oct 8, 2018
i'm on Chrome Version 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit)

its working fine for me

jWM3U2F.png
how to use kaspersky in dark mode ? :S thanks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.