Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
So I signed up for Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud to see what it was like. Easy sign up and my cloud console was setup quickly.

I thought Kaspersky had created a new cloud AV application/software but it's just a way to manage Kaspersky endpoint AV in the cloud.

For windows endpoints you have to install Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows_10.2.4.0.exe. Size is 300mb+. Not very cloud :(

I'm sure it offers the usual great protection from Kaspersky but I'm already using KTS so I won't install it.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
It was okay, but didn't include application control; you could disable under policy then enable application control etc., when I spoke with tech support he informed the cloud version doesn't include those features. So I removed it and got a refund.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
K

KGBagent47

I don't think Kaspersky will abandon the traditional model until they are absolutely positive they can block threats just as well offline, while still avoiding FPs and software interference caused by isolation.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

So I signed up for Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud to see what it was like. Easy sign up and my cloud console was setup quickly.

I thought Kaspersky had created a new cloud AV application/software but it's just a way to manage Kaspersky endpoint AV in the cloud.

For windows endpoints you have to install Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows_10.2.4.0.exe. Size is 300mb+. Not very cloud :(

I'm sure it offers the usual great protection from Kaspersky but I'm already using KTS so I won't install it.
I used my "My Kaspersky Account" credentials to sign-in thinking a new Kaspersky cloud product But its just a web console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.