Advice Request Kaspersky Endpoint Security Custom Install Info needed

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
harlan,

I have installed KES latest release & working fine on Win 10 AU.

On system restart I get C:\$Mft Processing Error Read Error. As per Kaspersky forum, its nothing & you can ignore the error.
But on every system start I get the error notification. I check C with show hidden files/folders & System files options enabled And I dont see anything Mft there.
How to make the error go away or exclude the error? The only thing I can think of is to uncheck the notification for Processing Error.

Reactions: Logethica

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I dont think MFT is corrupted here as Win 10 AU is a recent clean install.
And as that old thread in Kas forum mention the error is nothing & user can ignore it.
For now I have unticked the notification processing error for file protection.

I think limitation of KES is the same as KIS on Win 10 AU.

I use RollbackRx, could the error be coz of it? I have exluded And trusted RollbackRx in KES.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I dont know if Rollback has something to do with MFT & protects it in some way And may be so Kaspersky cannot process it/read error?

During KES install there was an option unchecked by default, something like path to AVP, I left it default i.e unchecked, hope this is not the prob?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I have broadband cable connection 4mbps. I get app 450-500kbps download speed.
I was downloading something with InternetDownloadManager & the speed was 100-150kbps.
I checked TaskManager & for one of Kaspersky service, "Network" column was showing app 1.5mbps.
I disabled KES WebShield And TaskManager "Network" column was showing 0mbps And my download speed returned i.e download speed went from 150kbps to 450kbps.
Does this means KES WebShield is affected with "Ghost" traffic bug And eating my bandwidth OR it means WebShield is just slowing down the download speed?

Last edited by a moderator:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I'm not sure about it, but in general during years in Kaspersky forums many users came with similar complaints about INet speed, and in most of the cases speed test results are due to Kaspersky filter that acts like a proxy...

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I'm not sure about it, but in general during years in Kaspersky forums many users came with similar complaints about INet speed, and in most of the cases speed test results are due to Kaspersky filter that acts like a proxy...
Was the above for KES only or home products too?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Harlan,

Are you still running KES?

I am running KES MR3 fully updated on Win 10 64 Pro AU Build fully updated.

I am facing short browser hangup continously on Chrome & Vivaldi...disabling Webshield solves the prob.
No prob on Internet Explorer & Cyberfox.

Chrome 64 Bits Installed
Vivaldi 64 Bits portable
Cyberfox 64 Bits portable

Hows on your end?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.