App Review Kaspersky Free Antivirus 2023

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Kaspersky Free 2023 test!
Kaspersky is a Russian publisher, leader in the world of computer security.
It has evolved over the years to build an excellent reputation.

In this 2023 version, Kaspersky takes a rather risky turn by changing everything!
Its face, its engine, the interface, the redesign of its product names, everything.
For me, it's a success. I find Kaspersky 2023 more elegant than before and, above all
less complicated for novices.

In terms of detection, Kaspersky is formidable!
It foiled all the traps I set for it!
It makes a machine healthy, just a PUP is present.

Kaspersky knows how to protect you, it is obviously recommendable.

RAM Usage : Light
Malware URL test : 9/10 (PUP's missed)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected : Behavior by Kaspersky)
Malware Pack : Remaining 3 files out of 166.
Kaspersky is formidable.
I think it has the best detection engine!
2 scripts did not work and the 3rd one was caught by Kaspersky in behavioral.
No infection is present.
Congratulations!

Resistance to script attacks: Yes

Result :
Kaspersky : 0
NPE: 0 (2 False positive - VyprVPN)
Adwcleaner : 1 (PUP)

Recommand : Yes
System Clean : Yes system clean

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
A question the malware links that did manage to download Kasperky did detect them after download I see you clicked resolve in the gui do you have to click it to get Kaspersky to deal with it or dose Kaspersky eventually deal with it self without user interaction.

Reactions: JB007 and franz

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
With PUP/Adware/RiskWare software detections (usually in orange colour) Kaspersky lets the user takes a manual action.
Based on the detection name it doesn't seem to be PUP or anything like that on the video he clicked resolve the gui for both of them files.
9999.exe: trojan-psw.win32.stealer.wo
3333.exe: vho:trojan.win32.tasker.gen

Am just wondering would Kaspersky resolve the malware files itself without the user having to click resolve.

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Based on the detection name it doesn't seem to be PUP or anything like that on the video he clicked resolve the gui for both of them files.
9999.exe: trojan-psw.win32.stealer.wo
3333.exe: vho:trojan.win32.tasker.gen

Am just wondering would Kaspersky resolve the malware files itself without the user having to click resolve.

Kaspersky automatically processes detected malware, except in the case of Adware or PUP detection.
When you quoted the 2 examples, as @harlan4096 said, I deliberately accelerated the process :)

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
And? Already saw... "Existing Virus Removal"? I still don't know what K. means with that... KF can remove malware already installed in system, even can use "Advanced Disinfection" via System Watcher...

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
Hello and welcome to the Kaspersky Free 2023 test!
Kaspersky is a Russian publisher, leader in the world of computer security.
It has evolved over the years to build an excellent reputation.

In this 2023 version, Kaspersky takes a rather risky turn by changing everything!
Its face, its engine, the interface, the redesign of its product names, everything.
For me, it's a success. I find Kaspersky 2023 more elegant than before and, above all
less complicated for novices.

In terms of detection, Kaspersky is formidable!
It foiled all the traps I set for it!
It makes a machine healthy, just a PUP is present.

Kaspersky knows how to protect you, it is obviously recommendable.

RAM Usage : Light
Malware URL test : 9/10 (PUP's missed)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected : Behavior by Kaspersky)
Malware Pack : Remaining 3 files out of 166.
Kaspersky is formidable.
I think it has the best detection engine!
2 scripts did not work and the 3rd one was caught by Kaspersky in behavioral.
No infection is present.
Congratulations!

Resistance to script attacks: Yes

Result :
Kaspersky : 0
NPE: 0 (2 False positive - VyprVPN)
Adwcleaner : 1 (PUP)

Recommand : Yes
System Clean : Yes system clean

How is it in terms of system performance impact? Now that it has a new engine? I wonder how it would compare to the old engine?

monkeylove

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
And? Already saw... "Existing Virus Removal"? I still don't know what K. means with that... KF can remove malware already installed in system, even can use "Advanced Disinfection" via System Watcher...

Exactly: I don't know what is meant by it either. The only feature available for the free version is prevention. There's no virus removal?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.