App Review Kaspersky Free Antivirus 2023

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

So what does it mean, obviously the reason is for sure Edge and Microsoft, so no need to blame Kaspersky. You should rather posting your comment in Edge forum section!
Yes, I understand it must have been Edge seeing I had Kaspersky Free installed. I will for sure install it again and try another browser. Which one would you recommend? As you know I use Shadow Defender so I can try over and over.

Thanks

Reactions: simmerskool

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Yes, I understand it must have been Edge seeing I had Kaspersky Free installed. I will for sure install it again and try another browser. Which one would you recommend? As you know I use Shadow Defender so I can try over and over.

Thanks
I would say choose a browser with almost blank new-tab-page, there you can better customize annoying stuff to be fully turned off. Chrome, Firefox, Opera.
Edge home/new-tab-page is a very special case, after browser updates all your custom settings might be gone and automatically changed to Edge default settings...

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
I find it much lighter than before
What version you competing it, I used security cloud free last year or might be year before that it seem quite light when using it, I tried the new Kaspersky last week the plus version it didn't seem very light on CPU on my system Bitdefender total security is faster and on browsering where Kaspersky slowdown was quite noticeable where Bitdefender doesn't effect browsing speed much on my system.

Saying that the free version is probably lighter less module no intruder prevention new name for application control.

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
What version you competing it, I used security cloud free last year or might be year before that it seem quite light when using it, I tried the new Kaspersky last week the plus version it didn't seem very light on CPU on my system Bitdefender total security is faster and on browsering where Kaspersky slowdown was quite noticeable where Bitdefender doesn't effect browsing speed much on my system.

Saying that the free version is probably lighter less module no intruder prevention new name for application control.

I had used KTS and I had slowdowns in game.... that I don't have with Kplus.

Thanks @Shadowra for testing Kaspersky free. 💟

Please make a compare video KIS vs EIS latest.

I'm not doing a comparison for the moment because I'm moving :/ but it comes back from mid-December 😉 (especially since my new fiber optic connection is much more powerful than before)

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
(especially since my new fiber optic connection is much more powerful than before)
Is it real fibre internet as in fiber to the premises, in the UK most fiber connections are just fibre to the cabinet in the street, what speed is it I got fibre internet at home it what I call fake fibre it realy just cable internet with coaxial cable though the wall :).

Reactions: franz

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
Is it real fibre internet as in fiber to the premises, in the UK most fiber connections are just fibre to the cabinet in the street, what speed is it I got fibre internet at home it what I call fake fibre it realy just cable internet with coaxial cable though the wall :).
Coax can actually pull nice 2.5 gig without an issue. Check out the new coax home network setup that you can get running in your house if wifi in home is bad (I e. Old masonry, brick house that contains lots of moisture which absorbs wifi like crazy). Most home fibre is photons to the box at your house which is then converted to electrons which go to your modem. At least AT&T fibre runs it that way.

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

FTTH 2Gb down 800 up 😉
I had 1Gb 700 up before I moved

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021

I've been using KIS for a few weeks now, but also switched to Bitdefender Total, Norton 360 and f-secure safe, and my preliminary conclusion on my machine is: Norton is not silence, Bitdefender takes a bit more time than KIS and f-secure, but the fastest without a doubt is f-secure safe. KIS is not far behind f-secure, but there is something about f-secure that makes me choose it again and again. I'm waiting for Kaspersky Standard in Norwegian to see what I think then, but all are probably very good programs when it comes to security.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
FTTH 2Gb down 800 up 😉
I had 1Gb 700 up before I moved
Not to keep diverting this off topic but I envy you. I have a 2.5gb symmetric option for just $15 more which I signed up for. Just to realize that my Ruckus Commscope ICX switch maxes out at 1gb. So all of my wall ports are now switch limited witch an upgrade path cost of $800, so I noped out and bumped myself back to a symmetric gig. It's kind of funny and silly that I now consider gig to be slow, when I use to run a 2400 baud dial up and that was blazing fast. :)

On topic:. I envy you for your desire and time to make those tests. I keep promising myself that I will clean slate a machine, make an image and then run Old KIS, New KIS and ESet premium against each other just for the sake of performance numbers in games and mathematical programs but I never get around to it.

I want to run it on bare metal in order to prevent any hypervisor interference.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I would say choose a browser with almost blank new-tab-page, there you can better customize annoying stuff to be fully turned off. Chrome, Firefox, Opera.
Edge home/new-tab-page is a very special case, after browser updates all your custom settings might be gone and automatically changed to Edge default settings...
fwiw, I added extension New Tab Redirect and set it to open new tabs to duckduckgo. I will be checking the Edge settings with each update. Thanks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.