Advice Request Kaspersky Free causing ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc2150dx

Level 2
Verified
May 4, 2014
Just got KSC Free installed and still have the issue with some sites. For example MalwareTips loads slow and i briefly get the error message "ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE" the first time I go to it.
Same issue with KIS 2019(b) . Tech support told me do disable TLS within Chrome. The issue is fixed for now.

OTOH why should I mess around with chrome settings just to get Kaspersky to work properly. Installed Bitdefender for testing purposes..no issues with chrome. Go figure.

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Same issue with KIS 2019(b) . Tech support told me do disable TLS within Chrome. The issue is fixed for now.

OTOH why should I mess around with chrome settings just to get Kaspersky to work properly. Installed Bitdefender for testing purposes..no issues with chrome. Go figure.
I'm in touch with Kaspersky Support about this issue. Waiting for a response from the experts in Moscow HQ.
Dear customer,

We would like to thank you for the information you have submitted and for your continuous cooperation.
We have forwarded the new data you have provided us to our experts in Moscow HQ.

Your request is now being processed. Please wait for our reply.

Best regards,
Kaspersky Lab Technical Support
So hoping the issue will be fixed soon...

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015

That was one of the reasons i uninstalled KFA, now i'm running BD free for about 6 weeks and it works very well this version, with no bugs :) (did they finaly get rid of the bugs) and no issues to the surf the web. (y)

Reactions: cc2150dx

uduoix

Level 5
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
Just uninstalled from laptop. I thought NordVPN servers are issue but i had no problems with desktop PC and ESET internet security. So i decided to uninstall kaspersky and now laptop browsing works fine. I also had 'resolving host' problem. I sent them email about nordvpn issue and they know about for a year but have no idea when fix is coming lol

Reactions: Pat MacKnife

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
An update:
Dear customer,

Our Escalation Team have just replied to us with the following information.

Your request was escalated straight to our developers and a bug issue was created. Unfortunately we do not have any resolution-related information yet. If you'd like we can contact you once we receive any updates on the issue and place your case into a pending status for now.

Best regards,
Kaspersky Lab Technical Support
I will let you know if I receive any updates.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Reactions: Venustus

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.