Battle Kaspersky Free vs Defender UI (Recommended Config)

Compare list
Kaspersky Free
Defender UI
Platform(s)
  1. Microsoft Windows

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Yes, Microsoft Defender has made significant improvements over the years and can now be considered as a reliable antivirus solution. It offers a range of features, including a behavioral blocker, that help protect your system from various threats.

Microsoft Defender's behavioral blocker, also known as its "Advanced Threat Protection" feature, uses machine learning algorithms to detect and block suspicious activities on your system. It monitors the behavior of applications and processes, looking for any signs of malicious behavior. If it detects any suspicious activity, it takes appropriate action to prevent potential harm to your system.

While Microsoft Defender has improved, it is important to note that Kaspersky has a long-standing reputation as a reliable and effective antivirus solution. Kaspersky offers a wide range of features, including advanced malware detection, real-time protection, and a robust firewall. It has consistently performed well in independent tests and has a strong track record in terms of detection rates and overall protection.

Ultimately, the choice between Microsoft Defender and Kaspersky depends on your specific needs and preferences. If you are looking for a free antivirus solution with decent protection, Microsoft Defender can be a good choice. However, if you require more advanced features and a higher level of protection, Kaspersky may be a better option. It is always recommended to evaluate your specific requirements and consider independent test results before making a decision.

Reactions: Jack and ZeroDay

ak2901

Verified
Nov 22, 2019
Using Kaspersky since 15+ years and had zero problems related to malware or ransomware.
Performance of machines is also not impacted by a lot.

Only once I had a problem with their browser extension which used to consume high CPU usage in the background. It was really hard to pin it down and I had that problem for a couple years until I found a thread on Kaspersky forums about it. Uninstalled the extension and all good again.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
What has better file detection and behavorial blocker. For example non-exe, Scriptors and lolbins.
Defender has made great strides in script detection, but Kaspersky's detection performance remains superior.
After that, you can use WHHLight to help Defender and prevent script execution :)

Warencom

Feb 7, 2024
I've been using it for over 1 year now and am grateful for the protection against malware and ransomware it provides. In all this time, I have never encountered any serious security issues.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I've been using it for over 1 year now and am grateful for the protection against malware and ransomware it provides. In all this time, I have never encountered any serious security issues.
no offense, but too many pronouns in your post for me. thread is K_free v MSD_DUI, what's the "it" -- or I need more coffee. :unsure::coffee:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.