Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
22,491
While it is still the first half of 2011, Kaspersky lab has begun to develop the 2012 version. We get some new screenshots of this version.
Well the new UI of Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 looks really nice, much better than what they had before. Let’s have a look.


Continue reading on MostIWant

Code:
http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/KIS2012/12.0.0.191/kis12.0.0.191en.exe

[Thanks to malwaredestroyer]
 

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
9,378
Wow already?I'm going to try this :D
i will be back with the report:D
 

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
9,378
Here is KIS 2012 :

sJ5l3.png


I will be back with a video :D
 

LoftedAphid86

New Member
Feb 24, 2011
1,107
Mmm, yummy. :biggrin:
I expect a video now!
BTW Jack you don't look like you are an administrator at the moment. You still are, right?
 

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
9,378
elliotcroft said:
BTW Jack you don't look like you are an administrator at the moment. You still are, right?
Yes,I like more the member status than the admin one.:diablo:(I do have admin rights) ..
 

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
9,378
Kaspersky IS 2012 First Look... is now rendering ......:this-is-sparta:

EDIT : Youtube Video Added.
 
Last edited:

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
585
The GUI looks better in this version, be interesting to see how much they push this 'reputation system' and what it exactly entails (more in-depth!) etc. Used to Kaspersky many years ago, before it was well known and have to say their forum/community was one of the.... :(
 

Dejan

New Member
Mar 3, 2011
559
Looks really nice, I would like to try it out, hopefully, the installation won't be as frustrating as it was before.
Thanks for the video Jack :D
 

techgeek88

New Member
Mar 16, 2011
25
Kaspersky is simply the best - save the rest. I have been relying on Kaspersky Lab for YEARS and not once have I been infected. I run in interactive mode, high heuristics, and "Unknown" apps set to untrusted. Blocks everything you can throw at it. I can't stand Symantec products. Way too many bad experiences there. If I go to a customers house and they have Norton I almost always remove it and install Avast (if they want free) or KIS (if they want paid).

Kaspersky is high end security software for those who can't afford to lose time, money, and data. Sure it's expensive, but you get what you pay for. I fully believe that. KIS is the best security suite period. I know some may disagree, but they are the leader IMO.

I can't wait to get KIS 2012 final on my primary PC. I love Kaspersky products. I brag about them and promote them so much - I feel like a Kaspersky employee at times. I feel I should be getting paid! Haha, just kidding! :D
 

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
1,362
Honestly there is no best suite. Each product has strengths and weaknesses an the industry is still struggling to find a good protection against unknown malware. Sandboxing, virtualization, HIPS and behavior blocking are current solutions and each product implements one or two of them in their own way. What matters most is what program you feel comfortable using. Another important aspect is to understand that no product is bullet-proof. Users need to learn how to keep themselves out of trouble.
 

techgeek88

New Member
Mar 16, 2011
25
bogdan said:
Honestly there is no best suite. Each product has strengths and weaknesses an the industry is still struggling to find a good protection against unknown malware. Sandboxing, virtualization, HIPS and behavior blocking are current solutions and each product implements one or two of them in their own way. What matters most is what program you feel comfortable using. Another important aspect is to understand that no product is bullet-proof. Users need to learn how to keep themselves out of trouble.

Agree to disagree. I have found that KIS is the best suite. I've had SO many callbacks with people running Norton or MSE or what have you. I have had zero callbacks when I install KIS except to tell me their computer has never been infected and that it is running much faster.

I do believe that KIS properly used is ALMOST bulletproof (obviously nothing is), and I do believe it is the best. Just speaking from my years of experience here - and I'm sure you are doing the same. But you can't convince me that KIS isn't the best because in my experience of YEARS with it and using it on clients PC's and my own, it has proven to be the best. I can't say the same for Norton. Sorry, but it ain't happening. I like KIS, an awful lot. That's ok.

Just a simple disagreement - that's all. I will always praise KIS, because I have found in my many years that KIS simply is the most dependable, trustworthy, reliable, and secure anti-malware solution. It's fine if you don't feel the same, but you aren't going to tell me it's wrong (not saying you are). :)
 

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
497
techgeek88, it is quite simple: You can never claim that anything is the best. Even if you claim that something is the best just for you, that means you have tried all the alternatives to know nothing is better. Have you? Have you tried each security solution, the famous and the unknown, for enough time to figure out all the features?

You only reference KIS, Norton, and MSE. Probably every roadkill has heard about Norton, and MSE is almost as well known.

I have read about others who left KIS and liked CIS.

Have you tried CIS? What about Sandboxie? DefenseWall? GeSWall? Emsisoft? MBAM? SAS? Hitman Pro? avast!? Avira? Returnil? Wuzzup? Agnitum (Outpost firewalls)? I've messed with a each of those for a time (if I listed a company, one of their products), and I haven't covered half (or a quarter, I'd bet).

Articles on sites, like BrightHub, use the word "best" for SEO, since people like to use it while searching. But I've always disliked that: How does some reviewer know what is best? (Most of the articles at BrightHub were stupid duplicates anyway...I liked to think that I was the only one who actually knew about anything beside AVG, Norton, and McAfee. :p)

Never say something is the best...because you can't speak for others. If you speak only for yourself, it only takes one example to prove you wrong (though humans don't like to be wrong, so you might cling to KIS anyway :p).
 

techgeek88

New Member
Mar 16, 2011
25
LaserWraith said:
techgeek88, it is quite simple: You can never claim that anything is the best. Even if you claim that something is the best just for you, that means you have tried all the alternatives to know nothing is better. Have you? Have you tried each security solution, the famous and the unknown, for enough time to figure out all the features?

You only reference KIS, Norton, and MSE. Probably every roadkill has heard about Norton, and MSE is almost as well known.

I have read about others who left KIS and liked CIS.

Have you tried CIS? What about Sandboxie? DefenseWall? GeSWall? Emsisoft? MBAM? SAS? Hitman Pro? avast!? Avira? Returnil? Wuzzup? Agnitum (Outpost firewalls)? I've messed with a each of those for a time (if I listed a company, one of their products), and I haven't covered half (or a quarter, I'd bet).

Articles on sites, like BrightHub, use the word "best" for SEO, since people like to use it while searching. But I've always disliked that: How does some reviewer know what is best? (Most of the articles at BrightHub were stupid duplicates anyway...I liked to think that I was the only one who actually knew about anything beside AVG, Norton, and McAfee. :p)

Never say something is the best...because you can't speak for others. If you speak only for yourself, it only takes one example to prove you wrong (though humans don't like to be wrong, so you might cling to KIS anyway :p).

No, it's not "quite simple". I'm a very outspoken individual who sticks up for what he believes in. And I have a right to it. It's called "Freedom of Speech"...

Yes I have tried all of them. I don't feel like I have to list every AV Vendor in the book, I quite frankly don't have the time LOL. I was talking about the main ones I've seen clients have the most problems with. It's not like you are better than me or know more than me! ROFL. You can't tell me that I can't say it is the best. It's personal opinion. It's my OPINION, of course, but I have a right to it. Just like you do yours.

You seem like a KIS hater. If you don't like KIS, discussion about it, or people praising it - then don't read it or post on it. And certainly don't bash those who praise it. I don't post in the Norton subforum as I hate NIS. I stay out of it because I can say nothing positive about it and I don't want to hurt the feelings of Norton fanboys. I really dislike your comment there at the end where you say "it only takes one example blah blah blah and you probably would stick with KIS anyway". Well I'm not wrong. It's my opinion, and I have a right to it. I am posting in the Kaspersky subforum after all. It's not like I'm in the Norton forum. I have YEARS of experience with PC's. I WORK on PC's for a living. I'm not you average PC user. I'm a very advanced highly trained individual who is a computer expert.

If I feel like saying KIS is the best - I will certainly feel free to do so. If I say Chevy is better than Ford, I have a right to do so. I won't have any examples prove me wrong. Anyone who gets infected with KIS is using it wrong IMO. Oh - and as far as Comodo IS, I think it's horrible. Way too many notifications and alerts and IMO not very user friendly. Anyone who leaves KIS for CIS is making a huge mistake that I hope they will fully regret down the line. Just my opinion and experience. Just like some people going on about Comodo Cleaning Essentials and DACS. I don't agree with what Comodo is doing, I'm sorry. I think CIS is still better than NIS, but neither would be my pick. I'd rather go PC-less than to use either one to be honest. It's KIS or Avast for me. Those are the only two anti-malware solutions I personally trust and feel safe with IMO.

Just my opinion here. ;) I'm sorry if my post bothers you, but you aren't going to convince me otherwise. I really don't appreciate being talked down to like I'm a little kid. I'm an experienced professional.
 

Linuxfever

New Member
Jan 11, 2011
131
techgeek88 said:
No, it's not "quite simple". Who are you to tell me what I can and can't think or say?!?!?!?! Who do you think you are? I have a right to state my opinion, and I also deserve respect, which I don't seem to be getting whatsoever here. :( You make it sound like you have some authority to tell me what I can and cannot say. Afraid not. I'm a very outspoken individual who sticks up for what he believes in. And I have a right to it. It's called "Freedom of Speech"...
I think he was just giving you his opinion....you can relax a littlel....no one is making you ditch KIS...... :wink:
 

mhartsellm

New Member
Mar 8, 2011
134
Look forward to testing KIS 2012. KIS 2010 and 2011 where great but they just bogged my system down just enough it became annoying (I enjoy and work hard to have a very snappy PC). I just hope this issue has been addressed somewhat in the 2012 version.
 

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
9,378
The problems with the high resource usage seems to be fixed even in KIS 2011 , the latest patch did a pretty good job. :D . Did you manage to test the latest build of KIS 11.0.2.556 a.b ?
I'm looking forward to see the new KIS Reputation system..
 

techgeek88

New Member
Mar 16, 2011
25
Linuxfever said:
techgeek88 said:
No, it's not "quite simple". Who are you to tell me what I can and can't think or say?!?!?!?! Who do you think you are? I have a right to state my opinion, and I also deserve respect, which I don't seem to be getting whatsoever here. :( You make it sound like you have some authority to tell me what I can and cannot say. Afraid not. I'm a very outspoken individual who sticks up for what he believes in. And I have a right to it. It's called "Freedom of Speech"...
I think he was just giving you his opinion....you can relax a littlel....no one is making you ditch KIS...... :wink:

It was just the tone it was wrote in. Like he was trying to tell me that I couldn't say KIS was the best..... And I'm just saying he doesn't have the authority to tell me I can't. No one does... I know no one is making me ditch KIS. No one could. If KIS goes I'll just use my Macs I have and get rid of my PCs. Yep - I'm a chronic Kaspersky fanboy. Can't do a thing about it. I'm too far gone! ;) :D I'm a brand worshiper - always have been. I've always picked one of two competing brands, loved one and defended it like my family, and boycott the other.. Dunno who I get it from in my family - but it's something I've always done since I can remember.

I'm sure he didn't mean it in the way it came out, but when someone says something I disagree with, especially pertaining to me and the way I do things - I'm going to talk about it. It's just my nature. I'm a very outspoken individual and also a very sensitive individual. Not exactly the best combination to have - but I am who I am I guess! Heheheh. I really didn't mean any harm to him - I just have something I disagree very strongly about that I needed to get off of my chest.

Jack said:
The problems with the high resource usage seems to be fixed even in KIS 2011 , the latest patch did a pretty good job. :D . Did you manage to test the latest build of KIS 11.0.2.556 a.b ?
I'm looking forward to see the new KIS Reputation system..

+1 Dude! My KIS 2011 is very fast. I barely even feel it. Uses about 15 megs, sometimes 10. CPU usage is very low and 0 performance issues.

I'm looking forward to Reputation too in 2012!!
 

mhartsellm

New Member
Mar 8, 2011
134
Jack said:
The problems with the high resource usage seems to be fixed even in KIS 2011 , the latest patch did a pretty good job. :D . Did you manage to test the latest build of KIS 11.0.2.556 a.b ?
I'm looking forward to see the new KIS Reputation system..
Not sure which build I stopped at, but I will give it another go! With that said I am very happy with NIS 2011 and will have to be very impressed to change.
 

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
132
I'm an experienced professional.

You don't act like one. You don't give anyone a chance to discuss something with you and this gives many the strange feeling you are no worth loosing their time.

Hope no harm done!!;)
 

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
497
techgeek88 said:
No, it's not "quite simple". I'm a very outspoken individual who sticks up for what he believes in. And I have a right to it. It's called "Freedom of Speech"...

Yes I have tried all of them. I don't feel like I have to list every AV Vendor in the book, I quite frankly don't have the time LOL. I was talking about the main ones I've seen clients have the most problems with. It's not like you are better than me or know more than me! ROFL. You can't tell me that I can't say it is the best. It's personal opinion. It's my OPINION, of course, but I have a right to it. Just like you do yours.

You seem like a KIS hater. If you don't like KIS, discussion about it, or people praising it - then don't read it or post on it. And certainly don't bash those who praise it. I don't post in the Norton subforum as I hate NIS. I stay out of it because I can say nothing positive about it and I don't want to hurt the feelings of Norton fanboys. I really dislike your comment there at the end where you say "it only takes one example blah blah blah and you probably would stick with KIS anyway". Well I'm not wrong. It's my opinion, and I have a right to it. I am posting in the Kaspersky subforum after all. It's not like I'm in the Norton forum. I have YEARS of experience with PC's. I WORK on PC's for a living. I'm not you average PC user. I'm a very advanced highly trained individual who is a computer expert.

If I feel like saying KIS is the best - I will certainly feel free to do so. If I say Chevy is better than Ford, I have a right to do so. I won't have any examples prove me wrong. Anyone who gets infected with KIS is using it wrong IMO. Oh - and as far as Comodo IS, I think it's horrible. Way too many notifications and alerts and IMO not very user friendly. Anyone who leaves KIS for CIS is making a huge mistake that I hope they will fully regret down the line. Just my opinion and experience. Just like some people going on about Comodo Cleaning Essentials and DACS. I don't agree with what Comodo is doing, I'm sorry. I think CIS is still better than NIS, but neither would be my pick. I'd rather go PC-less than to use either one to be honest. It's KIS or Avast for me. Those are the only two anti-malware solutions I personally trust and feel safe with IMO.

Just my opinion here. ;) I'm sorry if my post bothers you, but you aren't going to convince me otherwise. I really don't appreciate being talked down to like I'm a little kid. I'm an experienced professional.

First of all...maybe you should know that I like to annoy people and see how they respond. It helps me figure out a bit of their personality. :p

I have opinions...plenty of them, as I'm sure you do. My opinion is that CIS, as far as I've seen, works the best for me. There could always be something new that will work better, so I keep looking.

And I have a right to it. It's called "Freedom of Speech"...

I too often bring in the freedom of speech card (mostly at Comodo forums). This "right" allows you to state your opinions. It also allows others, like me, to state different ones...including thinking you are wrong.

Freedom of speech does not guarantee that what you say will be believed or accepted.

Yes I have tried all of them.

That is great...always useful to have some who has tried many different things around. Although saying that you have tried "all of them" is a bit bold - there could be some unknown security software of types besides AVs.

I don't feel like I have to list every AV Vendor in the book, I quite frankly don't have the time LOL. I was talking about the main ones I've seen clients have the most problems with.

I understand. I just didn't know much about you. I have read some people who claimed to know a lot about security, but hadn't heard about anything besides the major players (the ones that often have a trial OEM installed).

It's not like you are better than me or know more than me!

After all, you are older than me. :p

You can't tell me that I can't say it is the best. It's personal opinion.

I can't control what you say, and I have no right to. But I see no reason that I can't critique.

It looks like you are saying it is the best for everyone. Yet you don't know each person's needs. You are not in a position to judge what is best for all. You can claim to, of course, but I consider it a lie. Because all it takes is one person for whom KIS isn't the best, and your claim is invalidated (to me, and others who read both sides).


If you said it is the best for most people, I wouldn't argue the point as much. But the way you wrote it seems like you think it is the best for all.

Say there are 6 people. KIS is the best for 5 of them, but 1 is safer with and avast! + CIS D+. You can't say that CIS is the best (for all), since it wasnt for one.

You seem like a KIS hater. If you don't like KIS, discussion about it, or people praising it - then don't read it or post on it. And certainly don't bash those who praise it.

People often say things like this whenever one is critical of something they say (and I sometimes do to, but I try not to). They deduce that because I don't agree with their statements about something, that I hate that something.

I don't hate KIS. It works very well for you, a smart user. Thousands of others use it, and (probably) stay safe. I don't know much about it, so I don't have many opinions on it. I do have a resistance to AVs, unless the suite includes something effective besides them.

And discussion about it is fine - I'm even discussing it.

I don't post in the Norton subforum as I hate NIS. I stay out of it because I can say nothing positive about it and I don't want to hurt the feelings of Norton fanboys.

I wouldn't agree with joining just to spew hate messages (though I bet the fanboys would rise with righteous anger and ban me instead of getting hurt). But I see no problem if you point out problems...after all, problems should be fixed.

I really dislike your comment there at the end where you say "it only takes one example blah blah blah and you probably would stick with KIS anyway".

I thought you might. But I'll still stick with it. I don't have much of a problem with it as when you tried to tell us what was best for all, since you are just speaking for yourself. As I said, you can't cover every product. You may have tested or read enough about all the well known ones, but some unknown software could slip through. What if something better, for you, was out "there"? If your opinions are honest, when you find that something works better for you, you'll revise your claim.

I just have trouble with those types of statements. All it takes is one example to invalidate them.

It is usually best to leave room for error with them, and just say something like: "It works the best for me out of the many products I've tried." I can't fault that.

It's my opinion, and I have a right to it. I am posting in the Kaspersky subforum after all. It's not like I'm in the Norton forum. I have YEARS of experience with PC's. I WORK on PC's for a living. I'm not you average PC user. I'm a very advanced highly trained individual who is a computer expert.

Anyone can claim to be an expert. That doesn't clear anything up for me, and I didn't know the extent of your knowledge.

If I feel like saying KIS is the best - I will certainly feel free to do so. If I say Chevy is better than Ford, I have a right to do so. I won't have any examples prove me wrong.

Sure... I say that CIS is the best for me out of everything that I've tried (or read about). And I am free to say that here.

Anyone is free to say things, it is only the truth which is more narrow. Anyone can say the earth is flat and the cow jumps over the moon and swims in the sun every Tuesday. That does not mean that it is true.

You have your experience to back up your claims that KIS is best. However, your experience really only applies to you. You can't speak for me and thousands of others who don't like KIS.

"I won't have any examples prove me wrong." That is the kind of stubborness I was mentioning here:

I really dislike your comment there at the end where you say "it only takes one example blah blah blah and you probably would stick with KIS anyway".

It takes a lot to make people change. They won't always accept something better, just because they previously thought something else was the best.

Oh - and as far as Comodo IS, I think it's horrible. Way too many notifications and alerts and IMO not very user friendly. Anyone who leaves KIS for CIS is making a huge mistake that I hope they will fully regret down the line. Just my opinion and experience.

Fine for you. I personally like having control over my computer, and CIS gives me that control. I don't want some AV or BB deciding for me.

Many others agree with me, especially on the Comodo forums.

"...I hope they will fully regret..."

That is a nasty comment. You are hoping that someone regrets their choice and has problems, just because you like KIS better?

Just like some people going on about Comodo Cleaning Essentials and DACS. I don't agree with what Comodo is doing, I'm sorry. I think CIS is still better than NIS, but neither would be my pick. I'd rather go PC-less than to use either one to be honest. It's KIS or Avast for me. Those are the only two anti-malware solutions I personally trust and feel safe with IMO.

Fine with me. You can disapprove of CIS if you want. While I wonder why the alerts bother you (since many professional/experts like control), I don't try and censor beliefs.

Just my opinion here. ;) I'm sorry if my post bothers you, but you aren't going to convince me otherwise. I really don't appreciate being talked down to like I'm a little kid. I'm an experienced professional.

It is sad when people become so entrenched in their opinions that they say no matter what you say, nothing will convenience me to chance. Some people call it stubborness. :p

I don't mean to talk down to you. But that is a problem when you go around saying you are a professional expert (or whatever) - it doesn't mean much to others (since anyone can claim to be an expert), and it increases your pride. That leads to you thinking some statements are below you.


I know more than many "experts," yet I don't want to say I am one. I like this Bible verse:

Proverbs 12:15 said:
The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice.

I'm not saying you are a fool, of course, but there is always more to learn.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

  • MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.

Top