App Review Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 Prevention Test (MrITReviews)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Feedback is always appreciated. :)
Had already posted this, but for some reason didn't show up.

Anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Moose said:
Kapsersky seem to missing a-lot of Trojans anymore! :p

Seems too? or not? because it did catch most of the links I threw at it. Which is good.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
malbky said:
I am really confused, are these reviews done by Mclovin.

Yes they are, as some of you may have noticed the background. I have started a new channel for reviews. Not bad aye?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
RE: Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 (MrITReviews)

Kind of lonely here.I enjoyed your review :) Thanks for doing it,well done!!

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

exterminator20 said:
Kind of lonely here.I enjoyed your review :) Thanks for doing it,well done!!

No problem. Didn't think that it would do such a great job. Even when I turned off the web filter it still blocked most of them.

Another great paid Internet Security Suite. :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

I have been using it on a couple PC's for quite awhile now and it has always done a great job.Its a bit heavy on boot but other than that I think it has many good features.Your video represented it well.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

I have noticed that there is a Kaspersky Pure, is that like the Max version of Trend, where you get the extra "Tune-up" features?

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012

^^ yes McLovin :)

http://www.kaspersky.com/compare

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

I have Pure 2.0 installed on my desktop to try it out but I am never really on that anymore.It has a password manager,an encrypted vault for files and some other fluff.I think a license is for 3 pc's so you can manage other pc's from one PC.I dont really notice any difference but I am running it on one PC and not really using any of the features.I have a 6 month activation code for Pure 2.0 if you want to take it for a spin or review it.

They claim it is fully Windows 8 compatible.I have heard some who said they have had problems running it on Windows 8.I have not run it on Win 8 so I cant comment on that.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

tapoo said:
^^ yes McLovin :)

http://www.kaspersky.com/compare

Cheers for that. :)

exterminator20 said:
I have Pure 2.0 installed on my desktop to try it out but I am never really on that anymore.It has a password manager,an encrypted vault for files and some other fluff.I think a license is for 3 pc's so you can manage other pc's from one PC.I dont really notice any difference but I am running it on one PC and not really using any of the features.I have a 6 month activation code for Pure 2.0 if you want to take it for a spin or review it.

They claim it is fully Windows 8 compatible.I have heard some who said they have had problems running it on Windows 8.I have not run it on Win 8 so I cant comment on that.

Right okay. Seems the same as Trend. One thing that you get with the Max version of Trend compared to Kaspersky would be the extra keys for Android and Mac security. Which is always handy.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

McLovin said:
Right okay. Seems the same as Trend. One thing that you get with the Max version of Trend compared to Kaspersky would be the extra keys for Android and Mac security. Which is always handy.

I would like that especially the Android keys.I dont understand why more dont follow that same kind of offer with their suites.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

exterminator20 said:
I would like that especially the Android keys.I dont understand why more dont follow that same kind of offer with their suites.

Well, it's simple Trend feels like people need to get the best price with everything bundled together compared to others which want you to buy one thing and then another thing. ;)

P

Plexx

McLovin said:
Had already posted this, but for some reason didn't show up.

Anyway

I have now merged both Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 tests you did into one thread.

VectorFool

Verified
Dec 17, 2012
I am under the impression that even though Kaspersky Pure is marketed as an all in one flagship product, it really isn't.
truth is Kaspersky Pure lags behind Kaspersky AV and IS in terms of development cycles
see for instance the current version of Kaspersky pure is 12.0.1.288
whereas for Kaspersky IS 13.0.1.4190

P

Plexx

VectorFool said:
I am under the impression that even though Kaspersky Pure is marketed as an all in one flagship product, it really isn't.
truth is Kaspersky Pure lags behind Kaspersky AV and IS in terms of development cycles
see for instance the current version of Kaspersky pure is 12.0.1.288
whereas for Kaspersky IS 13.0.1.4190

Pure 2.0 took sometime to come out but then again both versions (IS/Pure) are different, so the version numbers might be fine. Sure core components are the same but UI and what not is different.

That is my understanding at least.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Biozfear said:
I have now merged both Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 tests you did into one thread.

Thank, but one was dated back last year and this new one is season two...

P

Plexx

McLovin said:
Thank, but one was dated back last year and this new one is season two...

Still same product (2013) version. It now has 2 videos on 1st post.

If users were do do for one version (i.e. 2013) several tests (same core testing) on a given time period, the videos section would be swarmed with "cloned" posts.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.