App Review Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 Prevention Test (MrITReviews)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
@McLovin and others....
can you test KIS with Comodo Browsers like Dragon/IceDragon?? i tested them with Kaspersky Parental Control, and they blocked P*rn sites on Comodo Browsers..... but if its possible to test with malicious links, that would be very helpful.
just want to see if Kaspersky supports Comodo Browsers, Thanx
if anyone can test Comodo browsers with other antivirus software, thats also will be helpful :)

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
tapoo said:
@McLovin and others....
can you test KIS with Comodo Browsers like Dragon/IceDragon?? i tested them with Kaspersky Parental Control, and they blocked P*rn sites on Comodo Browsers..... but if its possible to test with malicious links, that would be very helpful.
just want to see if Kaspersky supports Comodo Browsers, Thanx
if anyone can test Comodo browsers with other antivirus software, thats also will be helpful :)

Sure, I'll see what I can do. :)

BaddAss

Verified
Jan 25, 2013
RE: Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 (MrITReviews)

exterminator20 said:
I have Pure 2.0 installed on my desktop to try it out but I am never really on that anymore.It has a password manager,an encrypted vault for files and some other fluff.I think a license is for 3 pc's so you can manage other pc's from one PC.I dont really notice any difference but I am running it on one PC and not really using any of the features.I have a 6 month activation code for Pure 2.0 if you want to take it for a spin or review it.

They claim it is fully Windows 8 compatible.I have heard some who said they have had problems running it on Windows 8.I have not run it on Win 8 so I cant comment on that.

Hello, Just received some help with malware from Fiery yesterday,Been running Norton 360 for three years ( norton auto triple billed me, and that was their solution.) i have five days left on Norton and not sure they are up to speed. Been thinking about Kaspersky but on the fence does your offer still stand I'd like to take a testdrive if available, Let me know please. Running windows 7 service pack 1 64bit considering Win 8.

P

Plexx

BaddAss said:
Hello, Just received some help with malware from Fiery yesterday,Been running Norton 360 for three years ( norton auto triple billed me, and that was their solution.) i have five days left on Norton and not sure they are up to speed. Been thinking about Kaspersky but on the fence does your offer still stand I'd like to take a testdrive if available, Let me know please. Running windows 7 service pack 1 64bit considering Win 8.

Before using a license, I suggest you take Kaspersky products (Antivirus/Internet Security/Pure) for a spin on trial mode first.

Kaspersky is not the easy walk in the park for a user who has not used it before. :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

Biozfear said:
Before using a license, I suggest you take Kaspersky products (Antivirus/Internet Security/Pure) for a spin on trial mode first.

Kaspersky is not the easy walk in the park for a user who has not used it before. :)

I have to agree you have to make a decision based on your system.Usually a 30 day trial is more than enough time to pay around with the program and decide if it is a good fit for you.Kaspersky can be a bit heavy depending on your system.Although ir performs pretty well on the default settings,finding your way around the settings can be a bit of a task.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.