Advice Request Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 questions

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
1) Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 works fine in Windows 10?

2) Does anyone have the Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 configuration guide? Because i am looking for the best, no performance impact, and no more than moderate alerts configuration.

3) Had anyone purchased antivirus through Amazon before? This is my first time because i find a great deal for Kaspersky Internet Security 2016, 3 devices, 1 year for less than $30 at the moment, so i wonder if i purchase it does it provide me a legit Kaspersky key? Here is the link for it, Amazon.com: Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 | 3 Devices | 1 Year | Download: Software

4) Also, is it compatible with Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium?

Last edited:

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I can only answer 3)
Yes, I have purchase twice from Amazon. I would avoid buying from other marketplace seller

Thanks, and i might go with Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 because i did installed on my other laptop, and what i find out is that is really light compare to BitDefender.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
1) Yes, it does.

2) What do You mean? the official guide or...?

4) Yes, but I would create exclusions in both applications... but personally I think resident protection of MBAM P. is not necessary with a good tweaked KIS2016. I use MBAM Free for on demands scannings as a second opinion.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
1) Kaspersky should work fine in Windows 10.

2) The way you describe it, I'd recommend you stick to the default config. Most people who configure it, set it to maximum security settings. Other than that I am not aware of any guide for configuring KIS and I have not done any research on it (never used Kaspersky).

3) Amazon is perfectly fine for purchasing security products.

4) Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will almost definitely work with KIS (it's designed to complement the main AV, not replace it)

Hope this helps a bit. :p

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
1)Yes!KIS 2016 work well in windows 10.
4)Yes! It is compatible with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but make sure that you updated to Patch D of KIS 2016.

What do you mean by Patch D? Do you mean version 16.0.0.625?

1)2) What do You mean? the official guide or...?.

Yeah, the official tweaking guide for KIS 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DracusNarcrym

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Actual official 2016 version of KIS/KAV/KTS (so called MR0: Maintenance Release 0, 1st appeared last summer), has 4 bug fixing patches abc & d, You will get them via standard updating and rebooting Your system to be applied.

The official guide is in Kaspersky official WebSite, as always: Kaspersky Internet Security | Latest Versions | Kaspersky Lab, but its info does not include the upcoming 2016MR1 release, which is coming soon!. Talking about security tweaking, that guide does not talk much about tweaking but general aspects of the product...

Since some years ago, I usually publish a personal guide (with every new release) talking about my personal tweaks, but sorry it's only in Spanish for now :D You can download it checking my signature in this message ;)

Last edited:

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
No.Please update the database and reboot.It updated to Patch D.

I did manual updated twice. I installed KIS 2016 trial on my lapto, and after it installed, i manual check for update and then reboot. Once rebooted, i manual check again and it said Database are up to date.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
If You have KIS2016MR1 16.0.1.445, is ok, for now there is no patches for this new version :)

I just check my Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 and it say i have version 16.0.0.614(d) is that patch D? Also, one thing that is bother me is does Kaspersky lie about the numbers is detect, process, and neutralize on Cloud Protection in the Additional Tool?
0F02Qy2.jpg

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, that's patch D for KIS2016MR0.

Hum... why are They lying about KSN?.

Safe items: safe items already added.
Dangerous items: dangerous items already added.
Processing: items in general still being processed, not added to safe or dangerous yet...

This is how I interpret those data :)

Last edited:

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015

Precessing: items in general still being processed, not added to safe or dangerous yet...

This is why I interpret those data :)

Does MR0 stable?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, 2016MR0 16.0.0.614d is in fact the actual official and stable release, but soon, maybe in 1 week or less, will come 2016MR1 16.0.1.445 :)

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Yes, 2016MR0 16.0.0.614d is in fact the actual official and stable release, but soon, maybe in 1 week or less, will come 2016MR1 16.0.1.445 :)

Alright, and are you the recommended file antivirus setting?

Btw, do you check or uncheck "Load rules for application from KSN." In Application Control?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, I keep checked that setting, very important for KSN whitelisting and assigning a confident group to applications...

In Application Control -> Unknown Apps: High Restricted & UnTrust Digital Signed Apps.

These are more or less my current settings:
* Settings -> General -> Untick Perform recommended actions automatically.

* Settings -> Protection -> File Anti-Virus -> Advanced Settings:
Files types: By format.
Heur Analysis: light.
Scan Mode: On access and modification.

* Application Control:
Untick Trust Digitally signed applications.
Change trust group for unknown applications: High Restricted.
Change trust group for applications started before start-up of Kaspersky: Low Restrict/High Restricted.

* Mail Anti-Virus: High Security Level.

* Private Browsing:
Block detected requests -> Untick allow data collections of websites of Kaspersky.

* Web Anti-Virus: Recommend Security Level.
Advanced Settings:
Configure Kaspersky URL Advisor: check all website categories.

* FireWall: check the 5 checkboxes.
NetWorks -> Your network device/network connection -> Trusted Type. Edit it and tick the 3 checkboxes notifications on the right. Set Your default printer also.

* System Changes Control: On (in upcoming 2016MR1 we'll have here improved and new features).

* Anti-Spam: High Security Level.

* Anti-Banner: On.

* Performance:
Gaming Profile: off.
Concede resources to operating system...: off.
Concede resources to others applications: on.

* Scan: High Security Level.
Advanced Settings -> Quick Scan settings -> Additional Settings -> Scan of compound files: tick the 1st 4 checkboxes.

* Settings -> Additional -> Secure Data Input: edit both categories and check all the checkboxes.

* Settings -> Additional -> Threats and Exclusions: tick -> Detect other software that can...

* Settings -> Additional -> NetWork:
Monitor all network ports.
Encrypted connections scanning: check 2nd or 3rd radio button. Close all browsers -> Advanced Settings -> Install Certificate.

* Additional Tools -> Trusted Application Mode -> ENABLE (be a bit patient here until scan is finished).

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015

Processing: items in general still being processed, not added to safe or dangerous yet...

This is how I interpret those data :)

The in progress number is vast, and just imagine that malware in there are above 75% chances, and you can imagine that one of them might able to slip through one of the user machine, and Kaspersky going to say " I don't know, so i just going to let it run because we have no idea."

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.