Advice Request Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 questions

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Yes, I keep checked that setting, very important for KSN whitelisting and assigning a confident group to applications...

In Application Control -> Unknown Apps: High Restricted & UnTrust Digital Signed Apps.

These are more or less my current settings:

Also, do you think recommend settings for file antivirus and web antivirus is good enough? The only four things that i changed in Kaspersky is the switch automatically decisions into interactive mode, uncheck trust digitally signed applications in Application Control, and untick Kaspersky extension for all browsers, and exclusions for MBAM.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
The in progress number is vast, and just imagine that malware in there are above 75% chances, and you can imagine that one of them might able to slip through one of the user machine, and Kaspersky going to say " I don't know, so i just going to let it run because we have no idea."
Well, at least they tell the truth... out there everyday there are millions of new files, some safe and others dangerous... that's why You should set new unknown applications to Low/High Restricted in Application Control and don't trust digitally signed applications ;)

Also, do you think recommend settings for file antivirus and web antivirus is good enough? The only four things that i changed in Kaspersky is the switch automatically decisions into interactive mode, uncheck trust digitally signed applications in Application Control, and untick Kaspersky extension for all browsers, and exclusions for MBAM.
Yes, they should be enough... I'm quite paranoid, You Know, so that, those are my settings :D.

I also use MBAM Free for on demands scans, although Kaspersky has its own Anti-Exploit technology integrated in System Watcher, I have also MBAE Free...

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes Kaspersky works well on Windows 10, + assurance of numerous patches occur to make those components work fully at the primetime protection.

MBAM for not being compatible is a formality notification on Kaspersky but they will work well by following little steps out there.

KIS can already manage to be standalone so better take time to figure and configure it based on your preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.