Troubleshoot Kaspersky Internet Security Doesn't Update Automatically !

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
same
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Reinstallation of the Application
Why does my kaspersky does not update regularly? I tried everything, reinstallation, change of update modules. But still shows network error. I believe my network is strong enough and when i provide manual update it updates. Dont know whether its the version problem or my PC network config. So if any one is/was facing the same issue, what would the medicine for this disease?

Rogue987

Level 3
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
This is actually quite weird, if you have paid for it have you tried contact Kaspersky for support? You would probably get it there faster.

Reactions: Oxygen
Upvote 0

Geri

Level 1
Verified
May 26, 2014
I had the same problem with KIS 2015. I tried everything as you did. The automatic update and the scheduled scan didn't run at all. I decided to remove KIS 2015, I felt it buggy as hell.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Reactions: Purshu_Pro
Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
How to update Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 databases > http://support.kaspersky.com/11162
Go to Step 5 for diagnostics checklist > http://support.kaspersky.com/10969

Check that you have not misconfigured Internet connection settings. See how to disable Proxy settings > http://support.kaspersky.com/11148

Do you use any other real-time antivirus, anti-malware, or firewall alongside Kaspersky?
Nothing runs along side of kaspersky. I have changed the proxy as it was in the guide, now let me check the results. Is there any possible way to convert Kaspersky IS to Kaspersky AV. It was the licence won here in MT.

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Are you on a laptop? or Desktop
Settings - Performance disable gaming profile
Settings > Additional > Network > Proxy server > select Do Not use proxy server.
And Settings > Additional > Appearance > enable Animate taskbar icon > ok.
Settings > Performance > Uncheck Battery Saving (this is for when your on battery on a laptop)
Try these and reboot and see if it autoupdates
Also try entering the license into the online Kaspersky account

Reactions: Purshu_Pro
Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Are you on a laptop? or Desktop
Settings - Performance disable gaming profile
Settings > Additional > Network > Proxy server > select Do Not use proxy server.
And Settings > Additional > Appearance > enable Animate taskbar icon > ok.
Settings > Performance > Uncheck Battery Saving (this is for when your on battery on a laptop)
Try these and reboot and see if it autoupdates
Also try entering the license into the online Kaspersky account
I'm using a laptop.
I have applied the following setting.
Let me check through the changes and update u.
I have/had registered my activation code before only. I have a kaspersy account!
Thank you for your help.

Reactions: Exterminator
Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
@exterminator20 I tried all the above tweaks. But Still kaspersky doesnt update automatically.
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

Upvote 0

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I have used Kaspersky for the past 3-4yrs and never had any problems. I would contact tech support as they can run scans, which you email to them and they will check for errors or conflicting software. I installed Hitman.Pro Alert and this ruined Kaspersky. After I submitted the logs they got back to that day, via telephone and I just removed it.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.