Advice Request Kaspersky Internet Security Offline Installer Link ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
The installers was published temporally here, but was removed:

Index of /products/english/homeuser/kis2018/

But meanwhile You can use this one, which is TR build that admits commercial licenses, and usually is the same than final build...

ftp://ftp2.kasperskyftp.com/consumer-products/Current_Versions/2018/
There's no file seen in the 2nd link's directory
Screenshot_2017-07-23-14-16-43-358_com.yandex.browser.png

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Aha, some users are getting the same result when accessing to that FTP, it seems there is some IP filtering, but files are there:

aaa.png

If You want, I may download it for You and upload to a free service...

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Aha, some users are getting the same result when accessing to that FTP, it seems there is some IP filtering, but files are there:

View attachment 160468

If You want, I may download it for You and upload to a free service...
I just opened the link on my Windows client and it worked :) Thanks for the info.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
@harlan4096 @Parsh
Thank you.

This links is 2018 is BETA?
This is a Release Candidate (RC) version that follows the Beta testing cycles. You can say that the Beta stage is almost over (there's usually an intersection between Beta stage and RC stage). It's at the Technical Release stage where the software developers have signed off.
In short, the product is ready to be released soon by the marketing team (may be released at different pace in different markets) unless any undiscovered critical bugs surface and are brought to notice.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
@Parsh

Thank you.

Dou you shoud I use 2017 not beta or 2018 rc?
I've just recently installed the latest 2018 version and so far I've not encountered any issues. So far, so good!
I think @harlan4096 will be able to suggest you better, in case there are any known issues or un/re-installation matters.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
The release date depends on the marketing department.
At this point, from the standpoint of the users, KIS 2018 behaves like a finished product.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
@Parsh

Thank you.

Dou you have know KIS 2018 full when is release?
There are no official details available. Yeah, it's now up to the marketing team to decide when to roll out. There can be business reasons behind the timing.
I think we can expect it to be out in August, not later than that.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I have been using it for over a month with no problems at all. Actually, as I said in another thread, the only time I remember Kaspersky is installed is when it intercepts something...

Reactions: shmu26

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
It depends on if You are in default settings and auto mode, or in hardened tweaked settings and Interactive Mode ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.