Kaspersky Internet Security received the Product of the Year Award!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
We released our Anti-Virus Comparative Summary Report 2013. Kaspersky Internet Security received the Product of the Year Award! The top rated products came from Avast, Avira, Bitdefender, BullGuard, ESET, Fortinet and F-Secure (in alphabetical order).

RD7zakg.png

File detection winners:

WmMd9UH.png

False positive winners:

BA5moMS.png

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I have been playing with Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 for a couple of days now. It's definitely lighter than it's predecessors and the system doesn't hang up as it used to do with the 2013 version. It has a lot of layers of protection and overall is a good product.
Even so I don't know if I would say that is the product of the year but I guess that AVC is just adding the results...so Kaspersky must deserve it.... :)

ZeroDay

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I have to admit that KIS is my favourite out of the paid products. Tweak one setting in application control and you're good to go. CIS is my favourite free product. I don't think I could choose between them if I had too. Be great to see Comodo on AVC but we all know that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I never rely too much on these awards but I will say that having Kaspersky,Emsisoft & Eset at the top is a bit nice for a change.These are pretty much the only 3 Security software I have used for long periods of time in the last 10 years or so.

KIS - I have used from way back when through version 2013. Always great protection and never had a problem running on my System aside from a slightly longer boot time.Something I could sacrifice for the protection it provides.I like that 2014 runs lighter than previous versions as confirmed by Jack.

Emsisoft - I use Emsisoft Internet Security Pack on all my Windows 7 installations.What can I say,awesome protection and some of the best support and service out of anything,Security Software and Non Security products alike.

Eset - I have been using it since Version 2.I run ESS 7 on all my Windows 8 installations.Excellent protection,very light,very few bugs and one of the few Security Suites that have ran on Windows 8 without problems since it's release.

These awards are what they are though,some like different products for different reasons and on different systems.It is nice to see these 3 at the top though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.