Battle Kaspersky Internet Security vs Emsisoft

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
What do you think about kaspersky vs emsisoft. i like emsisoft for the quick support, and because they check fp very quick, they are very profesional and the product are minimalist and very well organizated. What about kasersky internet security

Devilish

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2017
Give a try to trial version of both products before purchasing and see which product suits you better in terms of UI experience, scan speeds and other stuff.
Both of these are well equipped to deal with malwares, ransomwares and have good signatures. In the end you will not be disappointed if you choose any one of them.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
get the cheaper one
both are excellent
Kaspersky gives your a bit more cover with better exploit protection, network attack blocker and better web protection
but it is nowhere near emsisoft against PUPs/adwares
KIS is much much better than emsisoft in terms of signatures against zero-day malwares but when they are no longer zero-day, emsisoft may have better signatures in overall due to its dual-engines and faster scanning speed, too
KIS is heavier than emsisoft especially without any tweaking. After some tweaks, KIS is quite fast and reliable
if you don't have a high-end machine and you play memory-intense games, emsisoft might be a problem because it consumes too much memory and gave me a few BSODs due to out-of-memory condition. Memory optimization didn't help

V

VHSMSDOS

They are both amazing products, so you can't go wrong here.

Emsisoft: straight to the point AV that is very light on the system and offers excellent protection. Support is exceptional and their privacy rules are among the best. It lack some features, so this is the best choice if you just want an AV and nothing else.

Kaspersky: stellar protection and excellent set of features, it's well balanced between protection and system resource usage. Support depends on your country, but is usually good. It can be heavy on some systems. This is the best choice of you want more tools included or want to tweak settings, as there are a lot of settings to play with.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

get the cheaper one
both are excellent
Kaspersky gives your a bit more cover with better exploit protection, network attack blocker and better web protection
but it is nowhere near emsisoft against PUPs/adwares
KIS is much much better than emsisoft in terms of signatures against zero-day malwares but when they are no longer zero-day, emsisoft may have better signatures in overall due to its dual-engines and faster scanning speed, too
KIS is heavier than emsisoft especially without any tweaking. After some tweaks, KIS is quite fast and reliable
if you don't have a high-end machine and you play memory-intense games, emsisoft might be a problem because it consumes too much memory and gave me a few BSODs due to out-of-memory condition. Memory optimization didn't help

Great reply. I agree, Kaspersky is weak against PUP/Adware, it's only major downfall. Emsisoft wins for privacy but loses for Firewall/Network Protection. So it really depends on what you want/need. Kaspersky is cheap and not a boutique suite like Emsisoft, where you will rarely find a good deal. However for Boutique Suites, I still prefer G Data over Emsisoft, largely because of less FP's from the BB and way better Firewall on G Data.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I often see the topic of comparing EAM vs KIS, but I think this is a compatibility problem with the character of the user rather than performance.
People who are satisfied with the dish which thawed frozen foods are emisi,
If you do not think that it is troublesome to carve material & fry it moderately & cook it thoroughly ... KIS.

Reactions: upnorth

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I often see the topic of comparing EAM vs KIS, but I think this is a compatibility problem with the character of the user rather than performance.
If you do not think that it is troublesome to carve material & fry it moderately & cook it thoroughly ... KIS.
did you just make the metaphor of emsisoft being the road-side hotdog stand and kaspersky being a restaurant?
i'm dying :D:D

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I think of G Data as a plate of BBQ Ribs with a nice dry rub, and some spicy coleslaw, washed down with a nice crisp, ice cold Coke.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.