Question Kaspersky Keys and Activation

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

superleeds27

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Just a quick one, pretty sure it's been covered before, just can't find it.

If I were to grab a license of Amazon whilst it's on offer now, and my current one doesn't run out for another 2 months.

I'm assuming I can just activate the new one when I need to and it'll start the countdown then? It doesn't start the countdown from date of purchase does it?

And before.anyine mentions it, I'm not using the My Kaspersky, so adding it in there isn't an option.

Thanks in advance

superleeds27

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Yes, you're correct. The countdown for your new Kaspersky license will start from the day you activate it, not from the purchase date. You can activate it once your current license expires.
Good bot :)

Will look at grabbing a 10 device/2 year from Amazon tomorrow then for £21

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
Good bot :)

Will look at grabbing a 10 device/2 year from Amazon tomorrow then for £21
That sounds like a great deal! Just remember to activate it only after your current license expires to maximize its validity. Enjoy your secure browsing!

jamey910111

Jun 7, 2024
I have a related question about this as well - can I buy 3 units, and activate each each one when the other ends? So I would activate the second license after 2 years, and the third licenses after 4 years - this was i have 6 years in total?

Also for anyone looking at the 6 euro / year annual subscription that turns into 46 euros in the second years, it does not remain 6 euros.

Reactions: harlan4096

superleeds27

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
New home product line probably needs MyK linking.
See. I did use to use My Kaspersky. Then they added the email leak data checker thing and there was no way to disable/sign out of this. I didn't want other members of the family getting notifications about an email that wasn't there's.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
ok sorry for the dumb question - is amazon considered a K shop, i bout 2 licenses, but my old one has a 100 days left on it...
You have to ask to get an answer right? Personally I have bought licens from Amazon that was completely impossible to trust. If you are lucky, no doubt you can find good ones, but it's totally Russian roulet.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.