Kaspersky not found?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

viel

Thread author
Hey,
I know I am spamming the forums with questions but my PC has been acting weird..
I downloaded Kaspersky and it said it was not found right after installation, but it is there! andi t runs fine when I launch it, this error also popped up when I uninstalled it. This also happend when I uninstalled and installed Zemana and Avast.

I scanned with Kaspersky Security Scan, Hitman Pro, MalwareBytes , Avast FREE and Windows Defender.. Nothing comes up.. I am also paranoid about Malware.. and I think I have a small phobia that some people find funny.. :/

Anyway, thanks for your time and please recommend any scanners that could help me, I'll also try sfc/scannow to see if there are any corrupt files.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
You can run the special batch file to cleanup Windows repository:
Code:
echo
net stop winmgmt
cd /d %windir%\system32\wbem
del repository
net start winmgmt
Save the code as text file and then change its extension from .txt to .bat.
Uninstall Kaspersky and cleanup all leftovers.
Run the .bat file as Administrator and restart the system after that.
Install Kaspersky again.

V

viel

Thread author
Code:
echo
net stop winmgmt
del repository
net start winmgmt
Install Kaspersky again.
I simply clicked uninstall and installed it again it happens but only installing/uninstalling it shouden't hurt my system right? I thought it was Malware.. I hope.. its not

V

viel

Thread author
Code:
echo
net stop winmgmt
del repository
net start winmgmt
Install Kaspersky again.
Should I be scared or worried about this????

Reactions: AtlBo

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hey,
I know I am spamming the forums with questions but my PC has been acting weird..
I downloaded Kaspersky and it said it was not found right after installation, but it is there! andi t runs fine when I launch it, this error also popped up when I uninstalled it. This also happend when I uninstalled and installed Zemana and Avast.

I scanned with Kaspersky Security Scan, Hitman Pro, MalwareBytes , Avast FREE and Windows Defender.. Nothing comes up.. I am also paranoid about Malware.. and I think I have a small phobia that some people find funny.. :/

Anyway, thanks for your time and please recommend any scanners that could help me, I'll also try sfc/scannow to see if there are any corrupt files.

Maybe the problem is with Windows search, not with your system per se.
Try rebuilding the Windows search index.
By the way, immediately after a system image restore, Windows search can't find anything, because it needs to rebuild the index.

Thread author
Hey,

Post a screenshot of "Not Found" so people aren't guessing about what you are reporting.

What Windows version ?

What version of Kaspersky ?

Berny

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2016
Also, can you locate "Avp.exe" and "Avpui.exe" in the Task Manager ?

virusblocker101

Level 1
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
Download this tool Removal tool

Choose Security or Total, etc, then after this choose "remove embedded security". Then re-install

1. Security or Total, etc
2. Then hit "embedded security". You should see something like "embedded security" in the list of things to remove (not shown on site)

Was Kaspersky installed first? Or don't install Kaspersky again. But see if this fixes the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.