Kaspersky Panic?

There isnt any official statement yet, just hints that EMET integration will be a integral part of all Windows Versions and it will be easily accessed using Windows Defender Security Center.

Do you see Windows Defender Application Guard or Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection at Home and Pro Insider builds? These are features that are explicitily directed at Enterprise and yet unlike of EMET integration they are only present in the Enterprise build.

Anyway lets wait and see, it is good to see how Microsoft is pushing security to another level.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16232 for PC + Build 15228 for Mobile - Windows Experience Blog

I don't disagree with you. I just think people don't bother to read the articles, blogs, etc in their entirety. They also don't understand Microsoft's penchant for not being explicit about which versions of Windows any announced new features will be made available.

Since EMET was, and still is, a free security app I would hope that Microsoft includes it in all Windows versions with the ability, at least, for the user to enable it.

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
As Microsoft is further developing and strengthening their Ant-Malware/Protection Products, such as Windows Defender ATP, Continued enhancements to their Exchange Server security and overall OS security enhancements - they have the position to become competitive along with the mainstream vendors. Here's an example:

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection

Their business case - they have access to the kernel, they have the telemetry, their partners are part of the MAPP (they get advanced notification of upcoming patches) they can build a decent product.

I imagine it will be on a SaaS sales model as well - for enterprises. It's kind of nice to see such a big improvement from Forefront Client Security. Hopefully, they have invested more in security in the past year or two.

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
As Microsoft is further developing and strengthening their Ant-Malware/Protection Products, such as Windows Defender ATP, Continued enhancements to their Exchange Server security and overall OS security enhancements - they have the position to become competitive along with the mainstream vendors. Here's an example:

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection

Their business case - they have access to the kernel, they have the telemetry, their partners are part of the MAPP (they get advanced notification of upcoming patches) they can build a decent product.

I imagine it will be on a SaaS sales model as well - for enterprises. It's kind of nice to see such a big improvement from Forefront Client Security. Hopefully, they have invested more in security in the past year or two.

Good news

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.