Advice Request Kaspersky Protection Level question

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
At the moment I do not have Kaspersky installed but before I removed I remember seeing 3 protection levels.
one of them was the performance one where protection is limited.

My question is what settings get changed when you switch to such setting. KB of Kaspersky doesnt have much info at all.

@harlan4096 you know which one I am referring to right?

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
The settings that change are these parameters, they go to maximum or minimum, according to the level of protection:

1599510061203.png

1599509939602.png

1599509974548.png

1599510010395.png

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Ah no sorry not those.
Under the option where you can import/export settings if im not mistaken @Freud2004. Next to it on right hand side. Guess is just a shortcut to the screenshots you posted, but what does it get changed on the low compared to medium?

kscloud20_15102_0413-498164.png

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Ah no sorry not those.
Under the option where you can import/export settings if im not mistaken @Freud2004. Next to it on right hand side. Guess is just a shortcut to the screenshots you posted, but what does it get changed on the low compared to medium?

I believe this are your parameters, you can save them or export, or import from another user...

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
This is only my experience and that might not be how it works at all though. But yeah Action of Threat detection, when it scans and heuristics are basically tweaked by the slider. Low scans files on direct user access, Recommended scans when another process is accessing or running the file or you enter that file's directory. Deep scan appears to scan every file that is accessed by any process. This is just my observation based on CPU and disk usage in each scenario. There is little documentation on Kaspersky's side unfortunately.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Ah no sorry not those.

There is not so much info about it, I took this from a business product (KES), but I guess should be similar or the same:

1599549669979.png

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
There is not so much info about it, I took this from a business product (KES), but I guess should be similar or the same:

Awesome just what i needed.
One question, difference between Files scanned by extensions vs Files scanned by formats?
I think by extensions should be fine right?

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
F

ForgottenSeer 89360

They are pretty much self-explanatory.
On access will cause Kaspersky to scan a file when you access it. Right clicking a file to view it’s properties, opening a document, etc. This all means you are accessing the file and Kaspersky will scan it.

On execution applies only to executables. These will be scanned only once you launch the program.

On write means everything will be scanned as created - installing a program will cause all of it’s files to be scanned. Same will be with saving documents, opening pages, downloading files.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.