Advice Request Kaspersky Security Cloud: Issues with secure keyboard input

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

nicos181987

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 25, 2021
Hi all,

I have a strange problem with the secure keyboard input's function of Kaspersky.

Sometimes, if I type something in a protected field (i.e. password) then when I try to insert some text in a Windows process (Notepad, Edge, etc), the keyboard stops working (the only functional keys are the F keys, and those for the shortcuts.

To make the keyboard work again, I need to type only a character in a field (for example, to search on Reddit), then if I go back to Notepad, for example, my keyboard starts to work again.

I noticed that it usually happens after I resume the computer from sleep or hybernation.

Maybe is something driver related? Any advice?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guilhermesene

This problem goes back a long time, I remember that when I was helping out at Kaspersky's Brazilian forum I received several reports of problems like this and even reported them to support with the hope that they would fix it.

The problem is not only in KSC, but I've seen it happen in KIS (with myself) and KTS.

A curious fact is that I noticed that when I deactivated the secure keyboard, the system performance even got better.

Similar topic I quoted here in the post

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

nicos181987

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 25, 2021
This problem goes back a long time, I remember that when I was helping out at Kaspersky's Brazilian forum I received several reports of problems like this and even reported them to support with the hope that they would fix it.

The problem is not only in KSC, but I've seen it happen in KIS (with myself) and KTS.

A curious fact is that I noticed that when I deactivated the secure keyboard, the system performance even got better.

Similar topic I quoted here in the post

So, it seems that we have to wait even years to have this issue fixed, or disable the secure keyboard input as a temporary measure.

And why they didn't fix it?

Reactions: Guilhermesene
G

Guilhermesene

@nicos181987 Yes, the temporary solution until they fix this problem is to disable the secure keyboard.

I really don't know why they haven't fixed this problem in the updates yet, but I urge you to open a ticket to their support, so the more people that report the bug, the better chance they have of fixing it.

Reactions: nicos181987

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.