Advice Request Kaspersky Security Cloud - management dashboard

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Currently for family members I install Sophos Home Premium. The main reason for this is the web based management dashboard.

I can set policies (eg do not autorun from USB etc) via web dashboard, without having access to the local machine.
I can see incidents in the web dashboard.
I can schedule scans from the web dashboard.

Overall though I'm not super happy with Sophos but these web dashboard features are a must-have.

How does Kaspersky Cloud's web dashboard compare? can machines of family members be fully managed via web dashboard?

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Has KIS management dashboard via My kaspersky as well as KSC?

I'm thinking to change to KIS, since I don't use all functions of KSC. But I need see other devices online.

Just an FYI.........Using KTS on 4 pc's. Dashboard works wonderfully. KIS dashboard also works great.
Information
Full Scan
Quick Scan
Update
Components

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Just an FYI.........Using KTS on 4 pc's. Dashboard works wonderfully. KIS dashboard also works great.
Information
Full Scan
Quick Scan
Update
Components

I'm somewhat confused, I thought these products don't have a web dashboard but are instead configured locally, unlike the Kaspersky "Cloud" product, which is configurable via web dashboard -- are all Kaspersky products configurable via web dashboard? if so how is the "Cloud" product differentiated ?

Reactions: Venustus

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
I'm somewhat confused, I thought these products don't have a web dashboard but are instead configured locally, unlike the Kaspersky "Cloud" product, which is configurable via web dashboard -- are all Kaspersky products configurable via web dashboard? if so how is the "Cloud" product differentiated ?
All Kaspersky products can be configurable via web dashboard except Kaspersky Free , Kaspersky Cloud Free it is configurable but at minimum level, it really needs to be improved:
When the device is disconnected:
Screenshot_2019-10-20 My Kaspersky Devices(1).png
When it finds malware, you have alerts in my kaspersky but not by e-mail, also you can't delete PUP detections, that detections are not visible even by the user and need to be checked manually on device, however they are blocked by default setttings. Also the first update of applications with the Software Update component are not installed automatically in the device, it needs approve by the user, but the next updates are automatically
Screenshot_2019-10-20 My Kaspersky Devices.pngScreenshot_2019-10-20 My Kaspersky Devices(6).png
Other settings: Full Scan, Quick Scan, Update, and disable and enable components (wish I could activate Trusted Aplication Mode)
Screenshot_2019-10-20 My Kaspersky Devices(2).pngScreenshot_2019-10-20 My Kaspersky Devices(3).pngScreenshot_2019-10-20 My Kaspersky Devices(4).pngScreenshot_2019-10-20 My Kaspersky Devices(5).png
Maybe it doesn't suits your requirements, I mainIy started to use Kaspersky when no other AV detected autorun USB virus, so you are well protected in that way, I manage all my family and friends with Kaspersky and the thing is that in the past years it has only failed at PUP, since 2018 the detection of PUP are enabled by default(not the best but i set a proper adblocker like adguard or the anti-banner and private browsing from K), and no infection of malware have ocurred because I let Trusted Aplication Mode on. That only config makes a big difference, I tested it in the HUB with perfect score.

I have migrated from Total Security version for 10 devices to Kaspersky Cloud Family which covers 20 devices, it is more cheaper and there are extra modules like Account check (it uses haveibeenpwned), weak settings control (previously vulnerability scan), devices in my network and hard drive health monitor.

Hope this helps

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
All Kaspersky products can be configurable via web dashboard except Kaspersky Free , Kaspersky Cloud Free it is configurable but at minimum level, it really needs to be improved:
When the device is disconnected:
When it finds malware, you have alerts in my kaspersky but not by e-mail, also you can't delete PUP detections, that detections are not visible even by the user and need to be checked manually on device, however they are blocked by default setttings. Also the first update of applications with the Software Update component are not installed automatically in the device, it needs approve by the user, but the next updates are automatically
Other settings: Full Scan, Quick Scan, Update, and disable and enable components (wish I could activate Trusted Aplication Mode)
Maybe it doesn't suits your requirements, I mainIy started to use Kaspersky when no other AV detected autorun USB virus, so you are well protected in that way, I manage all my family and friends with Kaspersky and the thing is that in the past years it has only failed at PUP, since 2018 the detection of PUP are enabled by default(not the best but i set a proper adblocker like adguard or the anti-banner and private browsing from K), and no infection of malware have ocurred because I let Trusted Aplication Mode on. That only config makes a big difference, I tested it in the HUB with perfect score.

I have migrated from Total Security version for 10 devices to Kaspersky Cloud Family which covers 20 devices, it is more cheaper and there are extra modules like Account check (it uses haveibeenpwned), weak settings control (previously vulnerability scan), devices in my network and hard drive health monitor.

Hope this helps

Awesome ! many thanks - when you say all products you include KIS/KTS ? if so how is Kaspersky Cloud differentiated from KIS/KTS ?

Edit: it looks like the only configuration is on/off for components :cry:

Last edited:

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
Yes, KIS/KTS is the same and yes only enable/disable components.
The way is to set properly the PC with teamviewer for example or presential and I only find useful the web dashboard to check if a detection has ocurred, the thing is, no matter how you configure the AV remotely, if some familiar/firend got infected they will need more help than anything you can do from a web dashboard remotely, the AV has already failed.

That happened to me with others AV's, but since some years, Kaspersky hadn't failed with Trusted Aplication Mode activated. (as I said; some unwanted toolbars were undetected at start but lately solved with adblocker).That's the difference. If you insist that you need a granular control, then you need a enterprise solution from any AV not the home versions.

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
The way is to set properly the PC with teamviewer for example or presential and I only find useful the web dashboard to check if a detection has ocurred, the thing is, no matter how you configure the AV remotely, if some familiar/firend got infected they will need more help than anything you can do from a web dashboard remotely, the AV has already failed.

That happened to me with others AV's, but since some years, Kaspersky hadn't failed with Trusted Aplication Mode activated. (as I said; some unwanted toolbars were undetected at start but lately solved with adblocker).That's the difference. If you insist that you need a granular control, then you need a enterprise solution from any AV not the home versions.

Most AVs don't have full blown web dashboards but eg Sophos Home Premium and Emsisoft do have full web dashboards and the trend seems to be in that directions, with AV cos, putting more and more features in web dashboards for home products.

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018

Can the Trusted Application Mode be enabled from the cloud web dashboard ?

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.