App Review Kaspersky Security Cloud Review | Test vs Malware (2020)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Sure it's a year old tests, but I doubt it's much of a difference today.

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Sure it's a year old tests, but I doubt it's much of a difference today.
A year old ? in right corner date stamp is 12 jan 2020

Reactions: amir 957

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
A year old ? in right corner date stamp is 12 jan 2020
Please help and show me where as I can't see a date stamp on this results from 2020?:unsure:
01V95XWy_o.jpg
Je543xzO_o.jpg
xTd20Cga_o.jpg

Bryan320

Level 8
Oct 11, 2019
I feel very comfortable with Kaspersky free very solid program system watcher detects any suspicious programs not just ransomware.... besides the VPN and application control it sorta comes as almost a full security suite and very effective. Kaspersky was smart to offer a free program KSN is doing it's job. It's not just a signatures based program I will have to disagree with Leo systemwatcher is a full behavior blocker.

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
Does the detection rate fall?
It'll depend only on local modules and databases so its zero day detection rate would fall but it can protect you against day old malware or known widespread viruses

As there is cloud in the name does it depend on cloud scans?
Well yes but despite its name it's actually a fully featured AV unlike Panda Free whose detection rate falls dramatically when it can't acess cloud.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I never have been a fan of free AVs always looking for deals ,Windows defender is gonna be the only free I use(Wife"s computer)Kaspersky Total security for Kids (with Tam enabled) and now after getting great price Norton 360 w /life-lock.Windows Defender in my opinion best free out there

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.