Advice Request Kaspersky Security Cloud?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

valvaris

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Hello to all,

today saw a commercial about Kaspersky Security Cloud. Was thinking whaaaattt...??!!

So today reinstalled Windows 10 64bit clean on a new GPT EFI Dynamic Drive and must say, that thing is snappy. :D

Kaspersky Version 18.0.0.405(b)

The interface and features feel allot like the Internet Security 2017 but allot more smooth.

My Question to you all here in the Community is how do you think about it?

My Security config. changed again. ;) Will post a new one soon. :D

Best regards
Val.

valvaris

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Got a nice information from the Official German Sales Support rep.

If you have bought a License from Kaspersky Store in Germany write an inquiry for a partial refund. What happens is that they will:

1. Refund remaining days to Security Cloud

or

2. Partial Refund to Bank account

To do that process write an E-Mail to: kaspersky.de.cs {at} digitalriver.com

Do not worry those are the guyz that manage the official Kaspersky Licenses here in Germany.

IMPORTANT: They need Invoice Numbers from the Orders to process and E-Mail Title needs to be Upgrade from ... to ...

Sincerely
Val.

Reactions: LASER_oneXM

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
snappy cause it only has sigs from the cloud and no other modules or there are all the modules of KIS?

valvaris

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Do not see any difference from IS 2017 to SC - All is there Program Control like IS and allot feels like IS just allot faster.

Here are a few screenshots:

aSC.PNG bSC.PNG cSC.PNG

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
KSCloud2018 it's similar to KTS2018, but with some differences: there is no "Parental Control", but there are extra features most of t hem oriented to home users with different systems connected to home network: WiFi inspector, extra security features for passwords, centralized Safe Kids module, a revamped vulnerability module... all managed via cloud => My Kaspersky service, but in essence it's a KTS2018b :)

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
Currently it looks exactly like a renamed KTS. What is different on the first impression is the fact that it is not installing all modules like child protection from the beginning... and it is talking more....

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
@mekelek it is one year, there is a information in German in the activiation email on how to get the second half of the year. I translated it in the KSC thread.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
@mekelek it is one year, there is a information in German in the activiation email on how to get the second half of the year. I translated it in the KSC thread.
yes i corrected my post, can't read german unfortunately and it's a weird way of doing this :D:D
i activated the key i got on mykaspersky and it was saying 183 days so yea :D

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
yes i corrected my post, can't read german unfortunately and it's a weird way of doing this :D:D

Yes it is a bad way of dealing with the activation.
If I would have known this before (I didn't try it before posting) I would have told you about the rat hole.

valvaris

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Last edited:

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015

So this is for their cloud version? So would this not work in the USA? I assume it will, but it's not available for purchase here yet.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
So this is for their cloud version? So would this not work in the USA? I assume it will, but it's not available for purchase here yet.
works in the US, and it's for the Cloud yes. Cloud is basically KTS without parental stuff

Reactions: Trooper

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I would encourage the KSC users to go through the KSC Limitations and warnings page. Quite a few limitations may be common to other Kaspersky products (KAV/KIS/KTS) too. It does locally store AV databases.
It will be great to see someone post a User Review here after some experimenting with KSC :)

Reactions: kamla5abi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.