Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I don’t find safetydetectives to be a very reliable source for information. They are passing on FUD from a government decision on their product (that was based on a mistake by the user who was in possession of classified information). The Russians don’t care about your personal data anyway, even if they were spying. Also, this site rates products highly that have historically poor malware detection rates. I wouldn’t put much stock in what they say.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Maybe a underhanded bashing, but all her points are legit and far from eccentric. note that those points can apply to many other vendors but the Kaspersky's drama and the late Russian's interference made them a target of choice.

Normally a file, malicious or not, shouldn't be uploaded to any servers (unless you consent or if not, have a way to prevent it on the fly).

Mercenary

Level 1
Aug 9, 2019
The NSA said they have evidence from Israeli intelligence, but how much time has passed, and evidence has not been provided. Although if there were such evidence, they could have provided it immediately and Kaspersky could not have answered anything. They could at one moment destroy the reputation of Kaspersky. Although I read an interesting article yesterday saying that this cannot be ruled out, given the current political regime in Russia. Are you either with the regime or against, then such companies do not work there for long...

Last edited:

virusesmaximum

Level 1
Aug 21, 2019
The NSA said they have evidence from Israeli intelligence, but how much time has passed, and evidence has not been provided. Although if there were such evidence, they could have provided it immediately and Kaspersky could not have answered anything. They could at one moment destroy the reputation of Kaspersky. Although I read an interesting article yesterday saying that this cannot be ruled out, given the current political regime in Russia. Are you either with the regime or against, then such companies do not work there for long...

If that's why, Microsoft, Windows, Android, among others, all spy. USA says that Kaspersky spies because they know that his Norton antivirus cannot against Kaspersky in terms of protection.

Last edited by a moderator:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
They could at one moment destroy the reputation of Kaspersky.
Nope they couldn't, but they and their allies ( GCHQ etc ) for sure did their best. If one followed the news stream from day one and did a tiny bit of backtrack re-search, this was way too obvious.

Kaspersky is still around and kicking and those who thought or even wished they would die, well that for sure never happened.
September 19, 2019: Kaspersky has finalized its revenue audit for 2018, with a final result of $705 million USD for the year. This final number differs from the previously announced unaudited IFRS revenue due to end of the year foreign exchange adjustments.
* figures are rounded for easier reading. Growth was 4%, Revenue 725.6 million.

Btw, KSN is possible to disable. ✌:coffee:

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

When you live in a communist country, you know that the government have its hands in every major businesses, either they fund it or the CEO has ties or is member of the party.
Eugene can say what he wants but he will fool only the naive...

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Kapersky is probably the most watched AV on the planet at the moment. I believe if they are acting malicious, someone would have found out more info by now other than the US/Israeli revelations.

I'm not claiming it didn't do anything, but I do like more solid proof before I jump to conclusions. I find it hard to trust any 'noise' from the media nowadays. News stories are mainly journalist's opinions, sometimes backed up by nothing, mean't to create drama for high ratings. Sometimes to the point of 'legalized brainwashing'.

One thing I do know, Kaspersky has been creating great software for many years now.

Last edited:

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
One other thing not many people mention often, I would be more concerned with millions of cheap Chinese hardware/software flooding the market (and rarely updated), than one Russian company that has a solid malware detection track record.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.