Kaspersky Security Network "KSN"

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Compared with other antiviruses, it’s not to say that Kaspersky Anti-Virus is particularly different. Read Other antiviruses merge no less than Kaspersky. In addition, it is not clear why this should worry an ordinary citizen who is far from political games. Even if we assume that the antivirus downloads some user files so that they are checked by the FSB agents, then given the number of users who have the antivirus installed, it will be such a volume of files that the FSB simply does not have enough human resources to analyze all this))) Yes , we can say that all information can be filtered by artificial intelligence (by keywords, for example), but then this artificial intelligence will simply drop / delete those user files that it does not detect suspicion, and thus The privacy of the ordinary user will not be affected (only the most suspicious files will go to the manual analysis of the content). But this is only a suspicion, an assumption without evidence. As they say in Russia: “Not caught - not a thief”, irrefutable evidence is always needed, and if there is none, then the presumption of innocence is valid.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Compared with other antiviruses, it’s not to say that Kaspersky Anti-Virus is particularly different. Read Other antiviruses merge no less than Kaspersky. In addition, it is not clear why this should worry an ordinary citizen who is far from political games. Even if we assume that the antivirus downloads some user files so that they are checked by the FSB agents, then given the number of users who have the antivirus installed, it will be such a volume of files that the FSB simply does not have enough human resources to analyze all this))) Yes , we can say that all information can be filtered by artificial intelligence (by keywords, for example), but then this artificial intelligence will simply drop / delete those user files that it does not detect suspicion, and thus The privacy of the ordinary user will not be affected (only the most suspicious files will go to the manual analysis of the content). But this is only a suspicion, an assumption without evidence. As they say in Russia: “Not caught - not a thief”, irrefutable evidence is always needed, and if there is none, then the presumption of innocence is valid.
Very well said...Can you please re-link the article, I can't see it...Thanks! :)

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Cylance a US based company detecting an exe file of Kaspersky as malware. Russian propaganda 😂
c.PNG

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Cylance an USA based company detecting an exe file of Kaspersky as malware. Russian propaganda 😂
View attachment 231005
If I'm not mistaken, Cylance was offering free or discounted subscriptions for Kaspersky users to move to Cylance after all the BS about Kaspersky spying on it's users!:p

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Cylance a US based company detecting an exe file of Kaspersky as malware. Russian propaganda 😂
View attachment 231005

Cylance is a very fair solution, it detects everything as "Unsafe" to avoid propaganda labels :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, Cylance is the king of false positives, it is beyond ridiculous.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
If I'm not mistaken, Cylance was offering free or discounted subscriptions for Kaspersky users to move to Cylance after all the BS about Kaspersky spying on it's users!:p
Yes I remember that. They had a blog post about this. Did their best to earn themselves some users :p

Cylance is a very fair solution, it detects everything as "Unsafe" to avoid propaganda labels :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Smart AI 😂
On a serious note, Cylance is the king of false positives, it is beyond ridiculous.
Over-smart AI :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Kapersky is probably the most watched AV on the planet at the moment. I believe if they are acting malicious, someone would have found out more info by now other than the US/Israeli revelations.

I'm not claiming it didn't do anything, but I do like more solid proof before I jump to conclusions. I find it hard to trust any 'noise' from the media nowadays. News stories are mainly journalist's opinions, sometimes backed up by nothing, mean't to create drama for high ratings. Sometimes to the point of 'legalized brainwashing'.

One thing I do know, Kaspersky has been creating great software for many years now.
This is not about Kaspersky, is about geopolitics.

Trump is closing much more the US Market, look at the fight with China. Recently, he even got into a fight with my country (Brazil) and put taxes in our steel, a "friend" of US.

It's sad that a good software like Kaspersky got into it. Eugene looks like a fun guy, he is always joking or being ironic at Twitter, but I don't belive that he cooperates with russian governament.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Political games is good idea for more advertisement :)
its a simple reply, If you love "communist" & do't have any problem with FSB go with Kaspersky & trust them at all :D
if you love "Capitalism" & do't have any problem with NSA go with Norton & trust them at all :D
if you believe in Privacy & do't want enter to politics speech , Go with another Avs (F-Secure , Emsisoft)
its belong to personal Idea :p

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Who thinks that there is "Communism" in the current Russia is that He lives in another world, I would say even that there is an "exacerbated capitalism" for many years, not different from western countries...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.