New Update Kaspersky Standard on vm nice

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I tweaked my VMWare workstation pro and now the Guest win10vm 22H2 is running as fast as the Host. Watched @Shadowra's video re ESET IS v Kaspersky Standard, and since I have ESET SSP on my Host, I installed Kaspersky Standard on the Guest. Guest continues to speed along running Kaspersky -- ton of features too. 2+ hours into the new year and things are going pretty pretty good 😂

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
Kaspersky Endpoint Security For Business Advanced on the Kaspersky website requires you to buy 10 licences for an eye-popping $770!

What if you want to run it on one computer?

A Portuguese reseller lets you do that for a monthly subscription of around $10 USD!

Kaspersky thinks everyone is running a server farm and completely neglected small business that run from home or in a small business setting!

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Kaspersky Endpoint Security For Business Advanced on the Kaspersky website requires you to buy 10 licences for an eye-popping $770!

What if you want to run it on one computer?

A Portuguese reseller lets you do that for a monthly subscription of around $10 USD!

Kaspersky thinks everyone is running a server farm and completely neglected small business that run from home or in a small business setting!
Most of them require crazy amount of stations when you buy directly and try to charge you crazy money. And then you find a reseller that sells them for a fraction of that. Thing is, Kaspersky except the cloud security pro that serves as a EDR barely offers anything that’s not in the home products.

likeastar20

Level 8
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
Most of them require crazy amount of stations when you buy directly and try to charge you crazy money. And then you find a reseller that sells them for a fraction of that. Thing is, Kaspersky except the cloud security pro that serves as a EDR barely offers anything that’s not in the home products.
What exactly does the above version have over the home versions?

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
There is also security cloud plus.
but that's without VAT i'm assuming and it comes to over 100 euro a year. What exactly are you protecting to pay this price?
It has root cause analysis and patch management. It also includes basic email security and data discovery.

likeastar20

Level 8
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
but that's without VAT i'm assuming and it comes to over 100 euro a year. What exactly are you protecting to pay this price?
It has root cause analysis and patch management. It also includes basic email security and data discovery.
Yes, I would never pay that much. Do you know of any other good deals on endpoint AVs?

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Yes, I would never pay that much. Do you know of any other good deals on endpoint AVs?
That Bitdefender deal you shared is not bad. It’s even cheaper than the home products which normally on promotional price are about $20. You may go with that. Business products are always a better choice, they get new features way quicker. There are very few exceptions from this rule such as Norton which is always running the same engine versions like SEP. Trend Micro can be obtained cheap but I tested it, it didn’t take more than 5 minutes to get the system compromised with maximum levels of protection enabled. Not sure how they believe this is protection for business.
The management portal was exceptionally complicated and weird. Harmony from Lithify is a good deal too.

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
That Bitdefender deal you shared is not bad. It’s even cheaper than the home products which normally on promotional price are about $20. You may go with that. Business products are always a better choice, they get new features way quicker. There are very few exceptions from this rule such as Norton which is always running the same engine versions like SEP. Trend Micro can be obtained cheap but I tested it, it didn’t take more than 5 minutes to get the system compromised with maximum levels of protection enabled. Not sure how they believe this is protection for business.
The management portal was exceptionally complicated and weird. Harmony from Lithify is a good deal t

The business security platforms are supposed to be the cutting edge of protection technology innovation before that trickles down to consumers. Like Deep Learning, NextGen, EDR, XDR and all the rest.

Reactions: roger_m and Trident

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.