Advice Request Kaspersky suggestion

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Threat handling options should be made better or not?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
Kaspersky's threat handling should be better like malwarebytes or emsisoft(to name a few) which allow ticking all the to be removed threats and sort the same on the basis of their type like PUP, Trojan etc.
How many of you agree?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
When found a PUP, even in default settings (Auto Mode), Kaspersky will always ask/warn (orange colour) the user before delete.

Reactions: Dhruv2193

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
When found a PUP, even in default settings (Auto Mode), Kaspersky will always ask/warn (orange colour) the user before delete.
Thanks for reply. But i just wanted to know about users' opinions on whether kaspersky threat handling should be improved or not. For example in case many threats found in a scan, the user shoould be able to remove threats without ticking ignore or add to exclusions for every infection. Malwarebytes and emsisoft allow to tick mark and sort threats on various parameters.

Reactions: harlan4096
L

Local Host

Thanks. Done. I am surprised no one in kaspersky thought about this.
Cause if you wanna be lazy about it, there's options to make the whole process automatic, which won't bother you to click anywhere.

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
i chose no because this would only mainly help testers, which are far from the majority of Kaspersky user base. But hell, either way it doesn't matter really. If they implement it...good...if not...no problem. The program would still function well either way.

I see what you are saying. Edited my poll to yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dhruv2193

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
It is not about laziness. Users should not be made to use so much time for removing threats.

Peter Phillie

Level 1
Verified
Jul 12, 2018
Based on my experienced, Kaspersky is reliable on threat detection. I am using Kaspersky for about a year and I am satisfied with its' functionalities. My vote is, I think it still needs improvement to keep up with its competitor.

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.