App Review Kaspersky Total Security Boot Time Protection

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Well, this an other reason that makes me recommend ESET. Someone should report this issue so that they can fix it. But.. Will they listen to us like quihoo? What if hackers start making new kind of ransomwares like these? They would shot a wide amount of computers!

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
This is really bad news... I hope this test serves as a bomb exploding in the face of KL developers and improve the boot protection.

There is a setting that cruelsister didn't changed/disabled (enabled by default) or tested, don't know whether the result would be the same, anyway They should fix this lack of boot protection as soon as possible...

I will try to move some threads and report this test in beta testing KL QA Bug Tracker...

Last edited:

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
Quite a poor result for Kaspersky, it did manage to detected it in the end, maybe it's just too slow at start up to protect the system from run on boot threat's , my Eset licence is due for renew this month was thinking about moving to Kaspersky i think i will just stay with Eset.

Thanks @cruelsister for the video

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.