Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Kaspersky Total Security:

On November 20, 2014, Kaspersky Lab announces the commerial release of Kaspersky Total Security. Full version number: 15.0.1.415 (retail version), 15.0.1.415 (downloadable version distributed through the Online Store).

Kaspersky Total Security is a versatile tool for protecting your data against viruses and other threats. With Kaspersky Total Security, you can back up data, create encrypted containers for confidential information, manage computer security on the home network from the administrator workstation and more.

The application provides comprehensive computer protection various threats, network and phishing attacks, spam, and other unwanted content. Each type of threat is handled by a dedicated component of the application. Such architecture of the protection system is meant for flexible configuration of the product based on the user's needs.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Source: https://support.kaspersky.com/11422

What's new in Kaspersky Total Security
Kaspersky Total Security provides the following new features:
  • An option to switch to Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Kaspersky Internet Security.
  • Blocking unauthorized access to the webcam.
  • Remote protection management on your devices connected to My Kaspersky.
  • Installation and launch of Kaspersky Password Manager from the Kaspersky Total Security interface.
  • User notifications about enabled trace collection.
  • Optimized performance. Computer resource consumption has been reduced. In particular, influence on operating system and application startup time has been decreased.
  • Improvements to the Trusted Applications mode: applications are controlled at the initial stage of the system startup; .NET applications are now protected.
  • Supported web browser list has been expanded.
  • Improvements to Computer Protection:
  • Protection against hidden installation of malware and against personal data theft has been improved.
  • Improvements to the System Watcher component: protection against cryptors has been implemented.
  • Anti-Banner and Kaspersky URL Advisor have been improved. The components now do not require active browser plug-ins.
  • Protection against unauthorized screenshots has been improved. Kaspersky Total Security now protects you against unauthorized screenshots by using DirectX® and OpenGL.
  • In Parental Control, the list of websites covered by Safe Search has been expanded.
Visit source for more details: https://support.kaspersky.com/11422

I take it, this is to replace PURE?

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
It is a replacement for Kaspersky PURE, it will be the equivalent of PURE 4.0, except renamed to align with the product line, hence Kaspersky Total Security (KTS).

I have used their products for several years on several PC's.

I have tried out Maintenence Release 1 of KTS, and I will say that I was not terribly impressed. It has been improved some, but has a good ways to go before it is ready for primetime. It can be resource intensive and there are very frequent issues with the Password Manager.

It appears a finalized version should be released soon, so I guess it is a wait and see approach. I am seriously considering switching vendors though.

This is just IMHO, your mileage may vary - and of course the trade off is that they do offer excellent protection.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Kaspersky Total Security is a finalized version, MR1 is adding advanced features, MR2 which is currently in beta will enhance those further.

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
Gotcha, and I like your signature. Hopefully MR2 + a patch or 2 will make it excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.