Advice Request Kaspersky virus protection – BSI warns against the use of products

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I read the first link, I personally do not care and will keep using KIS

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
I read the first link, I personally do not care and will keep using KIS
Bullshit!It’s a typical case of wanting to ruin a company. Unnecessarily!!!

ExecutiveOrder

Level 2
Sep 21, 2021
Also just discussed here since 4 hours ago (Auto Translated):
1647354727792.png

One member thinks BSI tends to share "fearmongering".
Link in the screenshot: https://support.kaspersky.com/faq/2022hotline
(This link has some answers for something like "Is Kaspersky could be forced against their will?" that emerges from the concern of the current situation).

If this will end up in the implementation of a boycott widely on the German side, Kaspersky will lose a lot of its user bases and revenue but they still say "Kaspersky’s business operations remain stable" in the FAQs link.
Kaspersky has a total user of 400 million. By looking at usage by the country for most common and widely used processes in various versions of Windows:
Among them, up to 48 million are from Germany and up to 60 million are from Russia. Not far from "Almost 80% of Kaspersky’s operations are international".

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I'm from Germany, and my opinion about BSI: most reports are meant as warnings only. In this case, no real prove that Kaspersky will be forced sending "all users data" to Russian Government... For German companies it's may a risk to keep K. installed but typical home users data are less interesting anyway ;)

In general, the majority of people from Russia can't do anything to stop this War. Same for most Russian companies. Boycott all products from Russia doesn't help at all.
I believe it's more worth to donate some money for victims in Ukraine!

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
So many boycotts to Kaspersky from several governments... makes me feel like we're dealing with some though and solid protection not even government agencies can bypass and so they try to banish it and avoiding people from using it...

Antig

Level 1
Mar 23, 2021
Usually they hire some sort of 'experts' to push commercially delinquent practices in order to convince people. The degree of blindness of the zombies is simply incredible. Five hours a day of TV ,a few pills or jabs, and they can believe or NOT SEE anything.....
an apocryphal bible said: in those days one will ask another: have you seen the truth? and the answer will be : NO-

ExecutiveOrder

Level 2
Sep 21, 2021
Executives link didn't work for me but I found a English FAQ version that answers the questions (e.g government, trust) like he said.
Oh right, I've wrongly added a hyperlink to the google translate link of the German version, copy-pasting the link will do. Can't edit it anymore, thanks for the additional direct link to english site.

ExecutiveOrder

Level 2
Sep 21, 2021
That way, products literally change on a regular basis, right? Slow, fast, annually, etc., a business process.
Back then they 'suddenly' offer the free version and adds a 'premium' feature a year later, creating new products: Security Cloud outside the common 'AV, IS, TS' marketing which most vendors were offering (some at least changed the product name).

Doubt the reason the guy made "Kaspersky is totally fine to use still, nothing has changed.. and nothing will" as a single sentence is this kind of 'changes'.
Perhaps something like changes to accusation 5 years ago, now with comprehensive proofs of documents and investigations results, business changes rapidly, trust lost, international sales go downhill, etc.
We're discussing the particular warning from BSI. Just like silversurfer said, most reports are meant as warnings only, thus nothing really changes.

ExecutiveOrder

Level 2
Sep 21, 2021
Remember that Eugen, as some of you say friendly, was a representative of the infamous service KGB just like Vladimir Putin!
I think it's better to post this directly to Eugene's Twitter perhaps?

Both worked for the Intelligence service, Putin was a KGB officer, Eugene was a software engineer for Soviet military intel. (GRU, the name wasn't published back then).
Another person to mention is someone like Alexander Litvinenko, also a former KGB officer (later FSB).
He was defected to the UK (later assassinated), while Kaspersky is doing multinational private business.
Life choice isn't it? Can't really say ex-KGB representative is all the same, especially if we compare them to Putin ("a thug, a murderer").

Reactions: Slerion

Stelica

Level 2
Sep 27, 2021
I think it's better to post this directly to Eugene's Twitter perhaps?

Both worked for the Intelligence service, Putin was a KGB officer, Eugene was a software engineer for Soviet military intel. (GRU, the name wasn't published back then).
Another person to mention is someone like Alexander Litvinenko, also a former KGB officer (later FSB).
He was defected to the UK (later assassinated), while Kaspersky is doing multinational private business.
Life choice isn't it? Can't really say ex-KGB representative is all the same, especially if we compare them to Putin ("a thug, a murderer").
Maybe I was wrong he was in the GRU and not in the KGB, but what's the difference? Does the fact that he started a business means that his past will be washed?
From my point of view, these men, especially when they worked for dictatorial regimes, are undesirable!

Last edited:

ExecutiveOrder

Level 2
Sep 21, 2021
Maybe I was wrong he was in the GRU and not in the KGB, but what's the difference? Does the fact that he started a business means that his past will be washed?
From my point of view, these men, especially when they worked for dictatorial regimes, are undesirable!
You're not wrong, he did graduate from The Technical Faculty of the KGB Higher School with a degree in mathematical engineering and computer technology, "linked" this way to KGB. Yes, I agree with you too that their past history will remain for everyone to know, but in my opinion, it's not like all of them intend to do a crime or something like that by working in an intelligence agency (or anything else ordinary like Police) just like the other countries also have (as a crucial part of the nation), yes it is undesirable, especially for those from "the others side", which is worth to take note.

Reactions: Slerion
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.