Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hello!

A new beta build is available.

You can download the distribution kit by the link:

Kaspersky — Download
VPN — Download
KSOS — Download

To test the application, activate the license embedded in the distribution kit.

You should only use the beta build with this license provided for testing.

If you use your existing commercial license to activate the beta version of the application, the term of the license spent on the beta-testing will not be compensated.

Please note:
  • search was added to main window, but it's still "in progress". Please do not create reports with it's visual issues.

Useful info:
  • DRV verifiers are turn off by default now. App - are ON!
  • Kaspersky is presented in three tiers: Basic, Standard, Plus
  • To activate the trial beta key on the screen with a proposal to enter My Kaspersky, click "Skip"

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Hi @harlan4096 I'm not too familiar with running the Kaspersky betas, but do I need to uninstall the previous build version to install the new build? It just updated, but it did not update to the above build number you posted.

beta kaspersky.jpg

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Thanks again for your help, the installation went without a hitch :) Also, for the confirmation that traces and debugging can slow the system down, but no problem in being able to help by running the beta :)

kaspersky new build.jpg

Last edited:

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Finally, They integrated a Search inside the product:

View attachment 278428

View attachment 278429

Double VPN????? 🤔
Oh my, the search is wonderful. That was one of the issues I had with my paid version, there are so many settings in Plus that at times I would have a hard time finding a setting to change. I went to the other forum just to have a look, and someone mentioned about speeding up their performance, and you suggested some of the misc settings that may be disabled. I couldn't find Weak Settings Scan, then remembered the search option, and there it was :)

weak scan.jpg

Last edited:

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
Thanks again for your help, the installation went without a hitch :) Also, for the confirmation that traces and debugging can slow the system down, but no problem in being able to help by running the beta :)

View attachment 278424
Woot yeah for the first time since 2002 I am trying on Kaspersky. I have it in my VM and running the beta. Thank you @harlan4096 for letting us know about the performance impact of tracing. Since yeah I am seeing that kav beta is heavy, well now I know why.

heavy.png

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Disable Traces:

1694030135527.png

Disable debugging mech.:

1694030195312.png

And reboot.

And still, You should disable K. self-defense, and remove 3 avp* entries here (Image File Execution Options):

1694030289446.png

And reboot again, re-enable K. self-defense.

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
Kaspersky Free 21.14 behaved really weird today. It turned off/on the protection several times. I noticed an error saying that there is a problem with the EULA of the updating severs and to try to update it again later. Next, I noticed that some modules were updated, and the app needed a restart to complete.

Image-517.png

However, I didn't notice changes in the build version nor patch a or so.

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
About KFree update, that kind of update asking for reboot may sometimes come, usually to fix product issues.
The odd thing was that I received 5–6 messages all the same. Suddenly, the program refused to turn on the protection on restart. I had to turn it on manually after every reboot. So I decided to export the current config, to uninstall the app, to clean with kavremover and to install it again and to import my config. Now all is ok. I am wondering if this is related to Patch Tuesday a few days ago, since I don't believe Comodo interfered with it, since I am using this combo from a long time. Very weird issue. Could be some kind of incompatibility issue but probably because of Patch Tuesday. And the system is malware free (I can guarantee about that). :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.