Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

F

ForgottenSeer 93475

Hi @harlan
Thank you for sharing the releases and updates But is there a final release for this year or an expected release date for the 2024 release or something like that?

This is the first time that the usual annual publication has been stopped for a long time. If you know what is happening and why all this delay, please share it here?

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
So the problem is the numeration, er what?? 🤷‍♂️
For me, it was in the constant updates, in that we need to what, install another build on top of the previous one, or uninstall it to install the newer release until the final public release comes out...2-3? beta updates later? Maybe I just didn't understand how it works, or the best way to work it :)

F

ForgottenSeer 93475

So the problem is the numeration, er what?? 🤷‍♂️
For me, it was in the constant updates, in that we need to what, install another build on top of the previous one, or uninstall it to install the newer release until the final public release comes out...2-3? beta updates later? Maybe I just didn't understand how it works, or the best way to work it :)
This is exactly what I wanted to say, however, version number 2024 or 24.xx.xx would be welcome ;)

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
Hi,
Does anyone know if Kaspesky support BypassIO since it wasn't supported in the previous releases?
I am currently on Win 10 and can't check myself since this is a Win 11 only feature. Some vendors like MBAM and other already added support for BypassIO. Some like Appcheck, Wisevector etc. doesn't support it from what I know. So I am curious if Kaspersky support it.
The command is:
fsutil bypassIo state c:\

Reactions: Trident

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
So no one is willing to take me a screenshot from the command above? :)

Also, I noticed that the Weak Settings Scan is not always working as intended. I had to change temporary the gpedit settings to allow using PrtScr for some apps:

So I changed "User Account Control: Switch to the secure desktop when prompting for elevation" to disabled.

Kaspersky noticed the change (and that is awesome):

Image-772.png

But fixing the setting didn't apply it back to enabled in the group policy.

Image-773.png

I even used gpupdate /force but still a no-go. But after a new scan it didn't find any problems despite that fact.
I am wondering if I should report it in the Kaspersky forum. Anyone can confirm that for me?
Thanks!

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
A few days ago was delivered 21.17RC, but it seems there are already final installers available:

As always, just edit the links, and change the section "/ru-ru/" to find (if already available) the version for Your country region.

VPN should be here, but still seems not available:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.