New Update Kaspersky\VPN\KSOS 21.17 & KES 12.5 betas

micasayyo

Level 3
Jan 31, 2022
After installing the new version of Kaspersky Standard 21.17.7.539, the Opera browser VPN does not work. The Opera browser VPN only works if you paused the Kaspersky protection
I have uninstalled Opera and also Kaspersky and I have reinstalled them, it still does not work, only the Opera browser VPN works if I paused the Kaspersky protection

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
Thanks. This time I didn't have problems activating the free license and didn't have to use the free keys. :)
Image-793.png

Image-794.png

Last edited by a moderator:

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
After installing the new version of Kaspersky Standard 21.17.7.539, the Opera browser VPN does not work. The Opera browser VPN only works if you paused the Kaspersky protection
I have uninstalled Opera and also Kaspersky and I have reinstalled them, it still does not work, only the Opera browser VPN works if I paused the Kaspersky protection
I can confirm the issue here finally also.

It's related to Scanning of Encrypted Connections, disabling it completely do the trick in Network Settings, but it's a very radical workaround, so You can try this specific exclusion for Opera traffic in Intrusion Prevention -> Manage Applications:

1713770453016.png

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.