New Update Kaspersky\VPN\KSOS 21.6.MR6 beta updates

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
That's impossible, since K2021 MR6 has been in beta status until a few days ago, that They released RC (Release Candidate) version, but still beta, so probably soon the TR (Technical Release) will be out, which is the next step to the final...

Pilot777

Level 1
Apr 25, 2022
May I also point out that all of these 21-something versons seem nothing more than just some interface changes. They're not actual anti-malware performance improvements, as such.

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
As I already commented recently in a thread of this Kaspersky forum section, They are constantly improving their engines and detection tech, and the changes never are nor were reflected in almost any new every yeah build version changelog.

They are usually “very vague” with new implemented security features... so in many times You have to test directly and see the results.

Pilot777

Level 1
Apr 25, 2022
Yes, this is exacttly what I meant... After running some tests since 21.5 became semi-offically available, I haven't seen any evidence that their actual anti-malware capability improved. So, like You said, I've tested directly and have found no difference, other than the interface changes. Makes me wonder, if this is because the dev teams are simply forced by their marketing crowd to keep making someting seemingly new each year, purely for the markerting purposes. I mean, just think about it... Does the cyber-threats landscape magically evolve onto the next stage every time it's December 31st? 'Course not... So, why do security software vendors keep churning out some "super-new" versions every year? IMHO, it's because they're pushed by their (evil) marketing crowd, which more often than not, tends to cause things to become more ridiculous (and also less efficient) from the purely technological standpoint.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.