Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hello!

A new beta build is available.

You can download the distribution kit by the link:

Kaspersky — Download
VPN — Download
KSOS — Download

To test the application, activate the license embedded in the distribution kit.

You should only use the beta build with this license provided for testing.

If you use your existing commercial license to activate the beta version of the application, the term of the license spent on the beta-testing will not be compensated.

Known issues:
  • Network monitor isn't working in this build (already fixed)
  • Firewall has issues in settings
  • Status shield on main tab has blue color
  • Microphone and web-cam protection alerts has vide black\white boarders.
Useful info:
  • DRV verifiers are turn off by default now. App - are ON!
  • Kaspersky is presented in three tiers: Basic, Standard, Plus
  • To activate the trial beta key on the screen with a proposal to enter My Kaspersky, click "Skip"
Source

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

The latest version of the application introduces the following new features and improvements:
  • You can now search the functionality of the application.
  • Improved Smart Home Monitor. The user's main router can now be monitored for open ports that are most often targeted by intruders.
  • Improved Wi-Fi Analyzer. The user interface now displays tips on reading the graph that illustrates the current state of your Wi-Fi network.
  • Kaspersky Premium now includes additional identity theft protection functionality provided by our partner Pango. This functionality is only available in the U.S.
  • The user's rights are now checked before displaying the list of files available for deletion.
  • In the Large Files section, a new warning is displayed when deleting large files that may contain important information.
  • Reports of the Network Attack Blocker component now include MAC addresses of devices in addition to their IP addresses.
  • Terminology in license notifications is now compliant with the requirements of Nexway.
  • The application now complies with regulations governing the collection and processing of personal data in Vietnam.
  • Now you can resize the security news window. This functionality is not always available.
  • Problems with resizing the main window of the application have been resolved. The application now remembers the size of the screen in case of a restart.
  • Kaspersky Free lets you see the functionality of paid versions for awareness purposes. To use this functionality, you must switch to Kaspersky Standard or Kaspersky Plus.
  • Now you can switch from the current tier to a higher-tier Kaspersky package. The additional payment for the transition will be calculated taking into account the remaining validity period of the current license. It is a limited-time offer for evaluation purposes. This functionality is not always available.
  • Improved text of the notification that suggests installing Kaspersky Password Manager. The installation status of the application is also displayed.
  • The main window of Kaspersky Free displays a suggestion to switch to a paid version of Kaspersky.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

Last edited:

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013

Can you install over a current stable install without having to perform a fresh install?

Reactions: simmerskool

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
What I do like about Kaspersky, is it uninstalls cleanly. I haven't found leftover folders after the uninstall of the main AV. There are some reg keys left, but it does a nice job on its own.
I agree. However, I recently discovered that there are some leftovers from previous installation of Kaspersky (like 21.9, 21.13, 21.14 etc.) in the C:\System Volume Information.
I used takeown/icalc(s) to take permission of the folder, but that wasn't enough (even when the Self-Protection was disabled). So I had to use WKE (Windows-Kernel-Explorer) to delete the stuff there, protected by Kaspersky. Then there is no need to restore the default permission of the folder. I simply deleted the whole folder and let Windows recreate it with the default permissions. Now only entries from the latest version 21.15 exists there. This freed about 2GB of free space. Not much, but it wasn't about the space. I prefer to delete unusual stuff when possible.

Also, when you use Driver Store Explorer, you can find that there are Kapsersky network drivers leftovers from the previous versions as well.

Last edited:

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I agree. However, I recently discovered that there are some leftovers from previous installation of Kaspersky (like 21.9, 21.13, 21.14 etc.) in the C:\System Volume Information.
I used takeown/icalc(s) to take permission of the folder, but that wasn't enough (even when the Self-Protection was disabled). So I had to use WKE (Windows-Kernel-Explorer) to delete the stuff there, protected by Kaspersky. Then there is no need to restore the default permission of the folder. I simply deleted the whole folder and let Windows recreate it with the default permissions. Now only entries from the latest version 21.15 exists there. This freed about 2GB of free space. Not much, but it wasn't about the space. I prefer to delete unusual stuff when possible.

Also, when you use Driver Store Explorer, you can find that there are Kapsersky network drivers leftovers from the previous versions as well.

Nice find. I've never thought to check there. Is there something on my end that I'm doing wrong, or a Windows setting I may have disabled where that folder is not populated, where the folder is empty? Properties is also showing it as having 0 bytes.

empty.png

Edit: I also ran the Driver Store Explorer, and it didn't find anything regarding Kaspersky, just two older ones for me to delete from Avast and Nord.

network adapters.png

Last edited:

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
Because you don't have the permissions to look into it. And it's looks empty for you. Take permissions (if you know what you are doing) or even use WKE (but it could be a bit tricky to configure it correctly) or leave it be.

But definitely not empty:

Image-638.png

and this is from Driver Store Explorer as mentioned in my previous post:

Image-480.png

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

Same for Bitdefender and Norton. The best way to safely delete without modifying anything of your windows installation is to boot something like Hiren’s BootCD from a flash drive. Can be done via Macrium's Emergency Disk and other similar things also.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
@B
Because you don't have the permissions to look into it. And it's looks empty for you. Take permissions (if you know what you are doing) or even use WKE (but it could be a bit tricky to configure it correctly) or leave it be.

But definitely not empty:

Image-638.png

and this is from Driver Store Explorer as mentioned in my previous post:

Image-480.png

The amazing members here, and what I learn from you all, thank you :)
In my case, I'll leave that one alone :)

On an uninstall, I did have to do a little clean-up of Kaspersky root certificates, and clear all the history settings in Brave for its certificate not to show up on some websites.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Same for Bitdefender and Norton. The best way to safely delete without modifying anything of your windows installation is to boot something like Hiren’s BootCD from a flash drive. Can be done via Macrium's Emergency Disk and other similar things also.
I used to do that by booting Ubuntu from a disc, to get rid of some stubborn files etc. You're bringing back memories :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.